𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐒

────── ★★★ ──────

No one said a word as they continued to follow Regina deeper into the forest. Another yawn passed over Everly's lips as she began to wonder if Emma still needed them there but she didn't feel like asking. Especially after seeing all the issues Emma and Regina still have to work out. Even though she doesn't think anything would happen if they left, the Jones girl wanted to stay to make sure Regina didn't do something she'd regret.

"Which way?" Katherine asked after they passed through another empty clearing.

"Right," Regina responded without an ounce of hesitation in her voice.

"Is this a locator spell? Aren't we supposed to be following a floating object or something?" Sam questioned while trying his best to hide the uncertainty in his voice.

Hearing Regina sigh in response to all the questions made Everly send a warning look in her friends' direction. She didn't want to push the Mills woman too far after everything she was going through with her and Robin. Sam and Katherine immediately picked up on her hint and went silent as they continued to walk through the dark forest.

"So, what else can your magic do?" the blonde boy asked in a tone that was just above a whisper so that only Everly and Katherine could hear.

"You'll just have to wait and see," the Jones girl teased, earning a playful glare from Sam and a small laugh from Katherine.

It wasn't long before they realized they were trailing a bit behind Emma and Regina. However, none of them bothered getting any closer. That was until they heard Regina yelling at Emma in the distance. When they finally catch up to the two women, the Evil Queen turned her back to them and continued walking with anger in her eyes. Everly just watched her go for a moment before her attention landed on Emma. Despite wanting to know what just happened, the Jones girl kept her lips sealed after seeing the look on her sister's face. They soon went back to following Regina until they reached a canyon. However, what they saw next made all of them stop in their tracks.

"An ice staircase," Katherine said with awe in her voice as she studied the object in front of them.

"Looks like Elsa was here," Sam muttered under his breath without taking his eyes off of the icy structure.

"Thanks, tiny pirate. Please, continue to point out the obvious," Regina scoffed, earning a glare from the Jones boy that she chose to ignore.

"Then, obviously, we're not gonna step on it until we know it's safe," Emma announced, only for the Mills woman to walk straight passed her, "I don't know why I even bother."