𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘

────── ★★★ ──────

It wasn't long before the manor finally came into view. As they walked along the path that would take them to their destination, they noticed the lights pulsing, as if they had a heartbeat. Everly just stared at the large house before chills ran throughout her entire body. Something felt off, and it wasn't just because she knew the Dark One was trying to harm her sister. Everything felt familiar to her somehow and she couldn't explain why. But instead of focusing on the feeling inside her, Everly broke her gaze away from the manor to look up at Killian. "Are we too late?"

"I hope not," Killian muttered under his breath before racing towards the manor. The pirate captain soon pushed the gate open and walked towards the steps of the manor with Everly, Sam, and Katherine right behind him. However, the four of them didn't make it much farther before Rumplestiltskin appeared out of nowhere and blocked their path.

"Watch your step, Captain. The terrain's a little rough around here," the Dark One warned as he stared at Killian before his attention fell on Everly, who was standing a few feet behind the Jones man, "are you here to join your sister?"

His question alone was enough to make Killian take a step in front of Everly before he glanced back at her. "Get out of here. Now!"

That was all it took for Katherine to turn around and make her way back in the direction they came even though she knew deep down that was a horrible choice. But the Dark One's presence terrified her and all she wanted to do was get away from him. Sam soon grabbed Everly's wrist and tried to follow after her, only for the latter to fight every inch of the way. They barely reached the gate a few yards away from where they just were when the Jones boy turned around to face Everly. "What's wrong?"

The Purest Heart hesitated for a moment before finally looking away from Killian and Rumplestiltskin to meet Sam's gaze. "I don't know but something...something's telling me that I can't leave him alone with the Dark One."

Despite knowing he should continue to drag Everly away from the dangerous situation, Sam let out a sigh as he released his grip on her wrist. He just stared at the Jones girl with no emotion on his face before opening his mouth to speak one last time. "You better not make me regret this."

Before Everly could say another word, Sam disappeared around the corner to find Katherine. The Jones girl just stood there for a moment before letting out a long sigh and walking back to where Killian was. She instantly received a glare from the pirate captain, who put himself between his daughter and the Dark One once again.