𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐙𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓

────── ★★★ ──────

"What do you mean 'let me handle it?'" Everly questioned while staring at Jacob with shock in her eyes after using her shield to block more of Jackson's attacks, "why don't you want my help?"

"Because your magic will hurt him," Jacob told her before catching one of his brother's ice beams and firing it back at him, "just let me handle this."

Once again, Everly just stared at him with mixed emotions in her eyes. She didn't like the fact that she was being cast aside after being attacked by the youngest Overland. On the other hand, she was growing tired from holding up her shield for so long. But she would never reveal that to Jacob. "Your brother just attacked me for no reason at all. Unless you give me an actual answer, I'm not backing down."

"We're your guardians, Everly, not your friends. That means we don't need to explain ourselves to you," the Overland boy responded without bothering to hide the annoyance in his voice.

"You do if you don't want me to back down."

"Are you serious right now?" Jacob questioned with a hint of anger in his eyes, causing Everly to fall silent for a moment. When the Overland boy saw the seriousness in her eyes and her lack of movement, he let out a long sigh. "The Snow Queen did something to him. He doesn't know what he's doing. Please, just let me handle this."

The Jones girl kept her eyes glued to him while she let all the information sink in. Despite the desperation in his eyes, Everly was having a hard time believing that the Snow Queen was able to mess with Jackson's mind. And yet, she also knew that the boy she met on Neverland would never turn his back on her, even if that meant risking his own life. So after letting out a long sigh, Everly took a step back and sent Jacob a small nod in response.

The Overland boy sent Everly a grateful smile before it was quickly replaced by a determination. Jacob stared across the clearing in silence until he finally opened his mouth to speak. "Jackson! You need to calm down right now or else you're going to give us all frostbite."

The Purest Heart just stood and watched the brothers' battle take place while keeping the shield up in front of her. It wasn't long after that when she remembered the conversation she had with Killian before she came, making her pull out her phone to check the time. Her blood ran cold when she saw that it had almost been thirty minutes, which meant he could show up at any moment. A small wave of panic washed over Everly as she scrolled through the contacts until she found her sister's name.