{Twenty-Two}

Cris

"How are you doing?" I ask A'Mirah over the phone.

She takes a while before answering.

"I'm doing good... When are you coming back home?" She asks.

"Tomorrow. What's wrong? Is someone there bothering you or what?" I ask concerned. "I need to step out." I tell the people I am in a meeting with. I step outside of the room.

"Nothing is wrong, Cris." She starts crying.

"Yes it is, i'm on my way back now." I tell her. I walk back into the room and as I start to tell them that I have to go I hear a mans voice on the other end of the phone. "Mrs. Rondinelli, Are You Okay?!" The phone is hung up.

"I.. Joe, let's go.. Can we reschedule this?" I ask. "Something is going on with my wife and I need to get to her right now." I tell them and I take off running down the hallway. Joe follows behind me. I dial A'Mirah's number again and no one answers.

What the fuck is wrong? I hold my head and anger grows inside me.

"Jet is ten minutes away." I hear Joe from a distance. I nod. I try A'Mirah's cell again. Still no answer. I slide my phone back into my pocket and to the back of the building with Joe.

"What's going on?" He asks me.

I shrug. "She didn't sound good on the phone.. She didn't sound good at all..." I trail off staring at the building across the way. "Then I heard some dude come in yelling asking if she was okay.."
------------------
Cris and Joe make it back to New York and to Cris and A'Mirah's home.

"Who's car?" Joe asks.

"I'm sure it's Douglas. A new person she hired as our new head of security." Cris rushes through the door to see a white guy with his arms wrapped around A'Mirah along with a blanket, walking her to the couch.

" Cris rushes through the door to see a white guy with his arms wrapped around A'Mirah along with a blanket, walking her to the couch

"What the fuck is going on here?" Cris walks over to them. "Baby, what's going on? Where are the boys?" He asks.

Douglas walks up to Cris. "How are you Mr. Rondinelli? I'm Douglas, but you can call me Doug." Douglas sticks his hand out. Cris eyes him.

"I was going to call you Doug anyway. Just call me Cris. What's wrong with my wife?" Cris asks, shaking his hand not taking his eyes off of his.

"When I came in one of the baby was sleep, one was up crying. I called out to her, she didn't answer. I found her in the kitchen on the phone and she had a knife in her hand and she had pills everywhere. She had taken some."

Cris rushes over to her. "Baby, what's wrong? Why was you hurting yourself?" He asks, he raises her arm and sees a small bandaid covering  the cut.