chapter 3

Double take

"So then, the guy gets up and starts to scream, "Oh no my canoe just sprang a leak!" Hahahaha! Come on, that's hysterical! The guy thinks his canoe sprang a leak! Oh forget it, you guys have no sense of humour," moaned Odd as they sat on the beds.

"That wasn't funny Odd," said Harry.

"We do. That's the problem," said Ulrich.

"Don't worry, Odd. A sense of humour comes with growing up," said Yumi.

"Come on, I'm the funniest guy in school. In fact, if I wasn't me, I would be president of my own fan club," said Odd. Harry looked out the window. "Still trying to think of a way to free William Harry?"

"Now, that's what I call funny," said Aelita. "President of your own fan club. Not the William part."

"I can't get it off my mind Odd. It's my fault he's under Xana's control. I could have reacted faster."

"Stop beating yourself up," said Sissi. "You couldn't have known what would have happened."

"Do you mind making a little bit less noise?" asked Jeremy irritably. Harry shifted through everything he had on William. "Some of us are trying to work. I've spent a lot of time improving the digital equipment for all of you."

"You know, you could have just asked me to do it," said Harry. "I don't mind."

"You recreated the whole of Lyoko Harry. I wanted to give you time to rest. And while they're doing their bad stand-up act, you're trying to work on a way to free William."

"Hey, it wasn't me, it was him," said Ulrich as he pointed at Odd.

"And if we don't do anything," continued Jeremy. "People are going to start noticing his absence."

"I still think that we should make a clone of William," said Harry.

"Keep it down."

Principal's office

Delmas was playing a game on the computer when the telephone rang.

"Delmas Academy, Jean-Pierre Kadic here, uh... Kadic Academy, Jean-Pierre Delmas speaking." Delmas continued to play his game.

"This is James Dunbar, William's father. I'm calling to say that my son won't be able to attend school this week. He's got a very high fever, and he has to stay in bed," said Jeremy as he used the vocal synthesiser.

"Oh rats! I hope it's not game over for him. Uh, that is to say nothing too serious."

"Just a very bad flu."

"That's a relief. Tell your son that we wish him a speedy recovery Mr Dunbar. Goodbye and thanks for calling."

Harry's and Jeremy's dorm

"Well, that's a relief," said Jeremy. "I don't know what we'd do without my voice synthesiser."

"Well, now that we handled Delmas, maybe we can go to more important stuff," said Odd.

"Yeah? Like what?" asked Jeremy.

"Meatballs and spaghetti!"

"Odd, I know that you're a walking stomach, but I haven't got time to go to lunch. I have to get to the factory to test out the latest codes for your new equipment," said Jeremy.

"I'll come with you," said Harry. "I'll leave a clone for you guys."

"Can you program me some bell-bottom pants with an orange stripe on the side?" asked Odd eagerly.