Chapter 25

Music to Soothe the Savage Beast

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School

"Now pay attention children an electrical charge flows through a section of conductor..." Mrs. Hertz explained writing on the chalkboard.

Everyone in the class is writing down the notes.

"There isn't one ticket left completely sold out, and I have to find one for night." Odd complained.

"Relax Odd. Aelita is going to give us each a ticket. She's the opening act for the concert and tickets for all of us." Ulrich whispered back.

"I know that the problem is I need two tickets for tonight." Odd explained.

"I see you made a girl a promise you didn't know you could keep." Ulrich smirked.

"You could never understand Ulrich." Odd growled.

"Odd?" Mrs. Hertz asked out loud. "Would you repeat what I just said?" Mrs. Hertz asks.

Odd says the wrong thing and everyone laughs at him.

"I know someone who's a lot more stressed out tonight." Ulrich says looking over at Aelita.

The bell rings

Everyone walks out of class.

"Aren't you coming to lunch Jeremy?" Aelita asks him.

"No. I came up with a brand new program that should help us locate new replica's." Jeremy explains walking back to his room.

"I'll see you later too." Odd said walking away as well.

A few minutes later

Dorms

Aelita walks to her dorm room getting stopped by Herb and Nicholas.

"Aelita? Would you give us your autograph?" Herb asks holding up a magazine.

"Please." Nicholas pleaded.

Aelita started to blush.

Sissi hits Herb on the back of the head.

"You dork. Don't you see she's just dying too." Sissi growled.

Aelita knocks on Jeremy's door.

"Come in." Jeremy answered typing away on his computer.

"Am I disturbing you Jeremy?" Aelita asks opening the door.

"I just finished my calculations, thanks to my program we'll be able to find the last replica's with no problems." Jeremy answered.

Aelita sits on his bed.

"That's great. Say Jeremy about tonight-"

"Oh right the concert. I bet you can't wait to get on stage." Jeremy smiled looking at her.

"Um, not really." Aelita muttered.

"You'll be great Aelita don't worry about it." Jeremy answered cleaning his glasses.

Aelita storms out Jeremy's room when he said something she didn't like leaving his ticket on the bed and closing his door.

A few minutes later

Wings

"Hiroki. You got to be kidding." Odd yelled.

"Take it or leave it. I can double the prize from a dozen other kids" Hiroki smiled.