chapter 9

Replika

Night

Ulrich & Odd's Room

"Take that fireball you slimy vortex, you'll see if your so smart in which like Bobby let you into black hole" Odd says playing his game, while Ulrich is trying to sleep.

"Odd you mind cooling it a little" Ulrich ask him looking over at him.

"Great thanks a lot you just made me miss the bonus ball, now I have to start all over again" Odd tells him.

"At 4 a.m." Ulrich ask him.

Next day

Ulrich is up and Odd is sleeping on his bed.

"Odd wake up time to rise and shine" Ulrich tells him.

"What are you guys dressed like that for" Odd ask his friends in their gym clothes.

"It will come to you think it over Odd" Jeremy tells him.

"Phys. ED, forget about it guys I can't go galactic battle totally wiped me out" Odd tells them.

"I don't think an excuse like that is going to sit to well with Jim" Ulrich tells him.

"Aelita do me a big favor, think of a nice legitimate excuse so I can stay here and sleep" Odd asks her.

"Me, what am I supposed to tell him" Aelita asks him.

Odd falls right back to sleep.

"Thanks a lot" Aelita tells him.

Gym Class

"Della Robbia, I don't want to have to repeat that" Jim yells.

"Odd felt sick so he went to the infirmary this morning Jim" Aelita lied.

"Absent then, I guess when you're not feeling well the only thing to do is head for the infirmary" Jim says checking his paper. "Delmas" Jim says.

"Present" Sissi says.

"Great job Aelita" Harry tells her.

A few minutes later

"Right today we're going to work on the high jump, for once I won't go to great lengths to tell you how this kind of sport can take you to great heights so just watch, demonstration" Jim tells everyone, then he starts running.

"Oh no" Harry muttered.

"What" Ulrich asks.

"Aelita told Jim that Odd went home from the infirmary and I'm pretty sure that Jim is going to the infirmary" Harry tells him.

"Oh boy" Ulrich says.

Infirmary

The nurse is walking Jim to the infirmary.

"I told you over and over again, if you insists on doing this sort of thing this is where you'll end up" the nurse tells Jim helping him walk into a room.

"Yeah its an occupational hazard" Jim says to her, then the open a door. "I see you've already sent Della a Robia home" Jim says to her once again.

"Odd, but he hasn't been here at all" the nurse tells him looking at him, Jim looks dumbfounded by this.

Odd & Ulrich's room

Mr. Delmas and Jim walk into Odd & Ulrich's room seeing Odd sleeping on his bed.

"Oh what kind of speak did GI Jim give you today, that's about the only part I'm sorry I missed every time he opens his mouth cracks me up" Odd says thinking its his friends turning away from Mr. Delmas and Jim.