Chapter 18

Distant Memory

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aelita's Dream

"Look at my giant snowball mommy" Aelita says making a snowman, while her parents watch her from a far.

"Stay near the house darling" her mom says, standing next to her husband smiling.

"Well done my angel" Franz says, Aelita smiles at them. A huge howl come out of nowhere Aelita sees a brown wolf looking at her.

"Mommy, daddy" Aelita says looking at the wolf, she looks behind her seeing two men in black, reachs out for her mother who is being taken away from her. Aelita runs after them crying yelling "mommy the whole time" she watches her mother in a car drive away from her. She falls to the ground still crying, Harry appears next to her.

"We'll get her back Aelita I promise you" Harry says hugging her and keeping her close, the wolf appears in front of them watching them.

Present day

Aelita crys, waking up in her room.

Courtyard

"What your still having nightmares" Yumi asks Aelita, the whole gang except for Harry walks to the school gates together.

"Yeah they keep coming back every now and then and what's more there always the same, but don't worry Jeremy I'm used to them" Aelita says.

"No Aelita it's not your nightmares I'm worried about" Jeremy tells her.

"I told you it's no big deal, Yumi won't be far for the holidays and I'm staying here keeping an eye on Xana so there's no need to worry" Aelita tells him, looking at him.

"I don't care about Xana I just don't like leaving you here all alone, I'm going to tell my dad I'm staying here" Jeremy interjects.

"No you're not, you should spend the holidays with your families for me and Harry it's not the same thing" Aelita says, seeing Yumi looking at her.

"Oh yeah, Ulrich how are you going to tell your family about Harry" Odd asks him.

"The holiday time my dad gets more stressed out than ever which makes my mom hysterical, so I'm not sure what I'm going to tell them, anyways I think I rather stay here" Ulrich says.

"Yeah me too my sister's drive me nuts, last year they locked me in the bathroom all night just because they thought it was funny" Odd says.

"They did, but that's even worse than my kid brother" Yumi says, "I thought they were older than you Odd" Yumi asks him.

"They are and they're a lot bigger than me too that's my problem" Odd says looking straight ahead, the others laugh at him.

"Hey Ulrich isn't that your dad's car over there" Aelita asks him pointing to the car where his parents are. Ulrich looks over there, sees his mom waving at him.

"Well the show must go on see you soon everybody and wish me luck" Ulrich says.

"May the force be with you" Odd says.

"Try and have some fun" Aelita says watching him leave the group. Another car pulls up to the gates.

"There's my father, Aelita are you that you-" Jeremy says getting cut off by Aelita.

"Come on now hurry up I won't be all alone I've got Kiwi for company" Aelita tells him.

"Okay, goodbye for now" Jeremy says walking over to his dad's car. Odd stops in front of Aelita and Yumi.