Chapter 17

A lack of Goodwill
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cafeteria

"It's a question of relaxes, you gotta trust your instincts" Odd says to Aelita, sitting at their table eating.

"Anything you can do I can do better Odd" Aelita tells him.

"Wanna bet" Odd asks her.

"You're on" Aelita says to him.

Odd lays a fork on the table, then a meatball on the end. "Okay watch and weep" Odd says to Aelita, then hits the point side of the fork making the meatball go in the air, then Odd grabs it in his hand, and looks at Ulrich. "Like I told you my odd like sense defies our limitations" Odd tells everyone.

The others laugh. Aelita looks at Odd, then puts a fork on the table, "okay show off now admire my Aelita like six sense" Aelita tells him, then she does the same thing as Odd did, but her orange goes over her head and lands in Sissi food.

"Who did that" Sissi asks madly standing up.

"You win hands down, even at the top of my voice I could never match that" Odd says to Aelita laughing.

Jim walks over to William. "Dunbar haven't you heard that forks aren't meant to play with, but to eat it, you hear me Dunbar" Jim asks him.

The clone has a glass of water on the end of the fork, then does what Aelita and Odd did, Jim catches the glass.

"The glass is empty, but that is the very last straw you want to play being idiot, well two can play at that game, follow me" Jim tells the clone, then the two of them walk out of the cafeteria.

"William clone isn't supposed to act like that" Jeremy whisperes to the others.

"It doesn't matter if he gets punished he's not even human" Odd tells Jeremy.

"That's just it, he's a polymorphic specter driven by a basic non evolutionary behavior program" Jeremy tells them.

"Could you say that in words" Ulrich asks him.

"Hmm, William and Harry's clone shouldn't be capable of taking any personal initiatives like trying to imitate Odd's stupid stunts for example" Jeremy tells him.

"Then how do you explain it" Yumi asks him.

"I can't explain it that's why I'm worried, unless the-" Jeremy says.

"The what" Aelita asks him.

"Well yesterday I installed an upgrade for their software something to improve their artificial intelligence, you know something will make them appear less stupid" Jeremy tells them.

"You think imitating Odd makes him look stupid" Ulrich asks him.

"Well we're going to have to play it by year, I may have to delete the upgrade all we need is for William and Harry jr. start making waves" Jeremy tells them.

A few minutes later

School grounds

"Thanks to the data you collected during your last Joan of the network I was able to set things so that it can find other replicas" Jeremy tells the other walks over to the pillars by the dorms.

"You mean you think there's more of them out there" Ulrich asks him.

"For sure, in fact I've already managed to localize a second one" Jeremy tells him.

"A second one, how many replicas do you think there are" Yumi asks him.

"No idea, but I suppose if we destroy them all we'll finally get rid of Xana for good" Jeremy tells her.