Chapter 19

Hard Luck

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dorms

Ulrich walks into his and Odd's room after showering, Ulrich sees Odd throwing his clothes on the floor. "Huh hey Odd if your trying to clean up the room you better find another system" Ulrich tells him.

"There that's what I was looking for no its not" Odd says looking in his closet and walks away from his closet, then he sits on his bed. "I don't want to be late for breakfast" Odd says, Ulrich sits down on his own bed.

"So you can steal an extra qruesant" Ulrich asks him.

"Well yeah and also to steal Austria's heart, where are my shoes" Odd says standing up from his bed.

"Uh, you just have to follow the stink" Ulrich tells him pointing over to the desk where Odd's shoes are laying. "Your pretty wound up today you sure this morning is the best time" Ulrich asks him.

"Oh yeah she borrowed my pencil sharpener yesterday" Odd says putting on his shoes.

"And" Ulrich says raising his eyebrow.

"Well that's a sure sign that she's totally crazy about me so today is the day" Odd says grabbing his bed, then a mirror drops out of his bag and brakes, Odd looks at Ulrich. "Sorry about that" Odd says.

"I'm sorry for you that means seven years back luck" Ulrich tells him smirking.

"Ulrich are you superstitious" Odd asks him.

"Well yeah aren't you" Ulrich asks him.

"Are you kidding no not a chance" Odd tells him, "get real good buddy four-leaf clovers, rabbit's feet, horseshoes are for old ladies" Odd tells him opening the door. "In fact I can feel it today'a going to be my lucky day" Odd says.

"Della Robia I'll bet you think it's really funny filling my shoes with cottage chese huh, you just earned yourself eight hours of detention" Jim yells at Odd.

"It wasn't me Jim" Odd tells him.

"Well if it wasn't you who was it" Jim asks.

"Well I'm not a snitch Jim, but you might want to check out Nickolas and Herb" Odd tells him.

"Thanks for the tip, that's going to cost you four hours of detention for selling out your classmates" Jim tells him, walking away from their room.

"Can you believe that" Odd asks Ulrichc looking at him.

"I told you Odd seven years bad luck" Ulrich tells him.

"Forget it there's no such thing as bad luck" Odd tells him closing the door.

Cafeteria

"Sorry Odd, but I guess you're out of luck" the lunch lady says to Odd.

"Not even one croissant what am I supposed to eat" Odd asks her.

"How about some dry toast" the lunch lady says holding up toast.

"No way, okay give me some hot chocolate to drown my sorrows in" Odd says to her.

"I can't do that Odd the machine is on the blink never happened before in all the years I've been working here" the lady tells him. Odd walks over to the lunch table where the others are eating. Ulrich looks at Odd.

"Tea and try toast Odd what are you sick" Yumi asks him.

"No not yet, but after I choke this down I will be" Odd tells them madly. The gang laughs at him.