1.) la to london

ruby

I take the hot chocolate from across the counter and thank the barista again. I make my way back to my pile of luggage that is creating a fortress around a wall plug. I had just got off a ten hour flight that my phone had not made it through; there was no way I am going to lose this charging port. I step over my large duffel bag and crouch down in the small space on the floor. My phone is at twenty percent, which seems impressive since it's been dead for a good two to three hours.

On either side of me are huge rolling suitcases. I had shoved every article of clothing I possibly could into the bags, hoping to not have to spend money on new clothes unless it is absolutely necessary. The duffel bag at my feet is full of my pajamas, shoes and toiletries. My other carry-on bag is my laptop case. In one side is the laptop and sandwiched against it is my sketchbook.

"Ruby Devon." A voice says over me. Taking a drink of the hot cocoa, I glance up to see a tall, blonde boy in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pajama pants standing in front of me.

"Caspar Lee." I say, standing up in my small confined place to hug him. I had met Caspar a few times since I've been friends with his cousin, Regina. Regina is my best friend, and she has been for at least seven years. I've known Caspar almost as long, but I don't really know anything about him besides that he is Regina's cousin and a YouTuber.

"Nice fort." He comments, pointing at all my luggage.

"I had to protect the charging station." I say. He laughs before leaning down to pick up my duffel bag and pulling the handle out of one of the other suitcases. I grab my phone and charger, as well as my computer bag and remaining suitcase.

"Have you already exchanged out your money?" Caspar asks, pointing to the small machine in the corner of the airport lobby. I nod, drinking more of the beverage in my hands. "Are you cold?" He asks.

"Well, I'm used to it being almost ten degrees warmer by now in LA, but it's not too bad." I respond as we exit the crowded building. I'm not one of those aspiring artists-to-be who tried to the run off to Hollywood in hopes of becoming big. I've grown up in LA. I've never lived anywhere except right by the ocean my entire life. Until now. London is not by an ocean, so I can't exactly just walk outside and look at the beautiful waves crashing on the shore anymore. It'll take some getting used to.

"How's Regina? She didn't seem to happy about you moving over here." Caspar asks, standing by the curb trying to find a taxi to stop.

"Yeah, she's not. We've been living together for quite awhile. About a year or so. I just needed a change of scenery, though." I answer, nudging him when I see a black taxi driving towards us. He raises his hands to stop it.

"Also, about living together, I've sort of got a roommate, but you can take my bed." He says as we shove my suitcases into the trunk off the car. I get into the backseat before I answer him.

"I hope I'm not intruding. I'll try to be out on my own soon." I say. Regina didn't say anything about Caspar having a roommate again.

"No, it's fine. I don't mind." He insists. "But, yeah, we just recently moved back into together, Joe and I did. We'd lived here before for awhile and then we took our separate ways, but it's just not the same. It's also really lonely to live by yourself. It was just better for the both of us to move back together." I nod along to his story as I fiddle with the half empty cup.

I'll be completely honest, I've never seen any of Caspar's or Joe's YouTube videos. I'd seen the two in other people's videos, like Alfie Deyes, or Marcus Butler, but I don't watch their personal videos. Regina used to always threaten me when I would bring up Caspar's channel. Regina tried to close me off from Caspar because she had this fear that he would try to date me, and in some parallel universe, I would want to date him.