27.) cactus boy

ruby

I see a girl sitting in a plastic chair, legs bound together, hands tied behind her back. There's a sack over her head, blocking out all of her vision and muffling her hearing. I try to scream out to her, but my voice is weak, and i can barely make a noise. A subdued sound comes from the girl. It's scared, but familiar. Surrounding her is a circle of mirror, only showing her reflection back to her.

Suddenly, I'm surrounded by darkness. I move my head in every direction but manage to find nothing. When I try to move my hands, all I feel is a plastic tie pulling against them. My feet feel the same way. I notice a piece of fabric in my mouth, and find that I've been gagged. I'm the girl in the chair. I shake around violently, trying to get out of my restraints.

The sack is pulled from my head, as well as the rag inside my mouth. I look around me, turning my head as far as I possibly can to see six mirrors surrounding me. They all just show my reflection over and over again, from different angles and lighting.

Until I hear Zoe's voice coming from behind me. The chair spins around so I'm facing Zoe as she sits wrapped tightly up in Alfie's arm. She cries loudly, sobbing uncontrollably as her boyfriend continuously kisses the top of her head and shushes her.

The chair turns again, making me face another mirror that shows Conor. The brunette boys stands out on his balcony with his head in his hands. He doesn't cry, but his baby blue eyes sparkle with tears as he bites his lip. He curses constantly, pushing on his temples harder and harder with every word.

When I am spun again, I see Caspar. The boy sits in his bedroom, holding on to his pillow. Tears stream down his face and honestly, it's almost worse than Conor. The way his eyes get so red reminds me of Regina when she would cry. Why is everyone sad and crying? I don't like this at all. When the picture pans out I see drawings I've done of Caspar posted up on his walls along with the painting of him and Regina replacing the one of Audrey Hepburn.

Next I see Jack. Something I never ever wanted to see was Jack Maynard crying. It's literally the worst thing in the world. He keeps wiping at his eyes from where he sits in the passenger seat of Conor's Mercedes-Benz. He shakes from crying so hard as he tries to calm down. By this point, I can barely hear him crying because of Zoe and Caspar also crying and Conor's swearing. They all mix in my ears making a horrible somber melody.

Turning to face the next mirror, I begin crying harder. I've already been crying since I saw Zoe. Regina sits on my bed, curled up into a tight ball. She doesn't cry, but she looks like she's been crying for hours. She keeps whispering the same thing over and over. "Not real. Not real. Everyone knows this isn't real."

I hear the next person before I actually see them. "Fuck, Ruby." My boyfriend breathes out before I see him sitting on a beach in Los Angeles, right by where I used to live. It doesn't matter how loud I scream the brunette's name, he is never going to hear me. I know he won't, but I attempt to catch his attention anyways, hating how quiet it gets. Everyone in the other mirrors become silent, and all I can hear is the waves crashing along the shore and my boyfriend's shaky breathing as he tries to hold in his tears. "You don't even have a damn grave. How am I supposed to talk to you when I need to? Where can I go to be reminded of your beautiful face and voice?"

I'm dead. Why am I dead? No, no, no, no. What's happening? What happened? I try to call out to Joe again, but I, of course, don't get an answer before the room becomes completely the dark. All I can hear is everyone sobbing and Conor and Joe cussing. It becomes louder and louder until it pops my ears like a plane does.

"Ruby, shit. What am I supposed to do?" I hear a voice say. I blink open my eyes to see Oli White standing beside my bed. I look over at Joe's side of the bed but find it empty. He had told me he was going to run to get groceries early in the morning because I hated going out with him to places like that. He said he would try to be back before I woke up.