4.) zalfie

joe

"It's so weird for me to come to your house." Zoe says as she hugs me. I don't remember the last time Zoe had actually came to see me. She usually just invites me over, and I take the long trip from London to Brighton. She pulls back and sets her umbrella by the front door.

"Well, I didn't want to leave Ruby here by herself." I answer as Alfie comes through the door. He is carrying two gifts bags that scream my sister's name. One of them is a bright blue bag with blue and white tissue paper sticking out the top. The other is a bright pink bag with black and pink tissue paper. Ruby will definitely be thrilled to see the pink bag.

"She'd have Caspar." Alfie says, pointing to the blonde coming up from the lower level of the flat.

"I can't necessarily be trusted to take care of people." Caspar comments, laughing at himself, while Zoe takes the bags from Alfie. She shoves the blue one into my hands.

"I saw you eat one my of products on your channel, even though it specifically says 'do not eat', so I brought you another bar that doesn't have a bite taken out of it." She explains. She smiles brightly like she always does when she surprises me with something.

"I'm pretty sure it would still work the same way, but thank you." I respond. I sit the bag on to the dining table in the only empty space. I've been meaning to clean it up the last few days, especially since Ruby has been here. I know it bothers her because every time she walks past it, she glances at it out of the corner of her eyes, annoyingly.

After a few days ago, Ruby hasn't woken up again. I'm starting to think that I judged her too soon. Maybe it was just nothing, and I completely overstated it. Either way, she's still forgiven me. There was never an actually apology said, but once she got back from looking for a job, she began talking to me, without the pissed off look in her eyes.

As far as I know, Ruby has gone out three consecutive days to different places around London, trying to find somewhere for her to get a job. Caspar and I keep telling her that she is welcome to just chill for awhile, but she's really persistent about getting a job soon.

"I brought Ruby one, too, because I didn't know what she had been able to bring over with her." Zoe says, looking into the bag that is remaining in her hands. "Is she here?"

"No. She's out looking for a job." I answer. I watch as Alfie joins Caspar on the couch while a sports program plays on the large TV. It's still slightly strange to think that at one point, Caspar and Alfie lived together.

"You haven't been accompanying her on her trips out in London?" My sister asks, bewildered. I shake my head quickly, and she groans. "What if she gets lost, or something?"

"She's not going to get lost." I say, laughing at Zoe. Just then, the front door opens revealing Ruby in an old tie-dye shirt and grey leggings. Her trainers are wet as well as her hair.

"It's raining outside." She complains, shaking her hair out of the ponytail it is in. When she looks back up, she finally sees Zoe. "Wow, you're Thatcherjoe's sister." She smiles. While Zoe happily accepts it, I begin laughing. I wish I would've thought to tell Ruby to do that, but she ended up doing it by herself.

"It was not that funny, Joe." Zoe says, but she's trying to hold in her laughter as she talks to Ruby. "Your hair is gorgeous. Is that your natural color?" She says, turning her attention back to Ruby. I watch as the younger girl combs through her black hair with her fingers a few times before answering.

"Um, yeah." She answers, smiling. She looks at me shortly before handing me back my keys. "Another miss." She says.

"You don't have to worry about getting a job, love." Zoe cuts in. My sister smiles at Ruby brightly, who tries to match her enthusiasm. I can tell that Ruby is uncomfortable, but she's trying to not be rude. "Joe and Caspar will take care of you."