11.) pointlessblog therapy

ruby

"Aw! You brought Ruby!" Zoe cries excitedly, reaching behind Joe to hug me. "I was hoping you would." I pat Zoe's back as she squeezes my body tightly.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm just not the very touchy-feely type with people that I barely know. Zoe hugged me the first time we met, nearly a week and a half ago, and even though it made me incredibly uncomfortable, I hugged her back anyways. With Alfie, it was different. He's like a role model for me, and who wouldn't want to hug their idol?

"Alfie!" Zoe screams as she closes the door. When there's no response, she rolls her eyes and plops down on the couch. Joe nods his head to the couch for me to sit down, so I take the seat next to Zoe, and he sits right beside me. I throw my duffel bag on the ground beside me. Since we got a later train, we were going to have to spend the night at Zoe and Alfie's. It's very surreal to think that I'm staying in Alfie Deyes' house. "He's been vlogging all morning." Zoe pulls her laptop up onto her legs. She begins typing quickly as Joe calls for Nala.

"She's at the vet with Buzz." Zoe answers before I hear steps on the stairs. I turn, knowing exactly where Alfie is going to come in. I've watched every single one of Alfie's vlogs. I nearly know the entire layout of the Zalfie household.

"Look, guys, we've got another Sugg!" Alfie shouts, turning the camera around to face the couch. "There's also a little Ruby Devon, who you don't know unless you saw Joe's latest vlog." I smile at the camera and wave my hand quickly.

After Joe's failed attempt at vlogging Caspar's return, he decided just to do a small video with Caspar and me, called 'The Roommate Tag'. He would've used it for his main channel, if he wasn't intending on filming with Zoe today. Most of the vlog, though, was just Caspar and I roasting each other back and forth while Joe laughed in-between us.

Alfie places his camera down on the coffee table and sits down on the other side of Zoe. "You get to hang out with me today, Ruby." He says. I smile at him around Zoe before she stands.

"I want to get this, Joe. Are you ready?" She asks, holding a hand out to her younger brother. Joe turns to me and pats my leg.

"You going to be okay?" He mutters. I nod quickly before he leans over and kisses my cheek. Zoe makes a small sound of admiration which makes Joe laugh. Once he stands off the couch, his sister begins pulling him up the stairs.

Joe doesn't like leaving me on my own, and honestly, I don't like being on my own. I hate it. It's gotten a bit better at home, because Joe can leave for meetings or filming while Caspar's at home to be with me. I just... every time I'm alone I just think of all the horrible times my brain is bringing back through dreams. Especially the only tragic memory I have with a bathroom. I guess that's a story for another time.

"That's so cute." Alfie coos, taking Zoe's seat on the couch. I laugh and lay my head on the back of the couch. Out of all the times I had daydreamed about being in Alfie's house, none of the scenarios included me being an awkward potato. "Are you...?" He lets the question trail off, and I answer quite quicker than I'd like to admit.

"Yes. Yes, we are." I haven't got to tell anyone that yet, and it feels really good to be able to. "We're not really telling anyone yet, though." I finish.

"I totally get that. Your secret is safe with me. And Zo, because I'm sure Joe just told her." He replies. I nod, knowing that's probably the first thing Joe would do. "He's a great guy. You'll be good for him."

Now, this could just be a thing that people say, but damn. That doesn't exactly sound that good. That's what Regina told me about Aaron, and we know how that went.