3.) okay?

ruby

"Sleep well?" Regina asks as soon as I answer my phone the next morning. Her happy, South African accent makes me smile, and I know I already miss her.

"Debatable." I respond, pulling myself off the bed. I glance at the clock on the dresser. It's about nine the next morning. I only got about five hours of good sleep, but it's better than nothing. I'm more worried about Joe. I hide my worry, though and dig into one of the suitcases. I pull out a pair of dark jeans and a plain t-shirt. I grab my makeup bag full of toiletries from the duffel bag.

"Oh, love. I'm sorry you had a bad night." She says as I exit my bedroom. I look over into Joe's room. It's empty, so I cross into it. The bathroom door is closed, though, so I knock on it quietly to see if Joe is inside. "How's Caspar?"

"Taller than I remember." I laugh. "Keeping secrets from you again." The door to the bathroom opens, and Joe comes out with a toothbrush in his mouth.

"Hello, Regina." Joe says loudly enough for her to hear on the other line. It wasn't as quite coherent as he had hoped, but Regina still understood.

"Oh, is that Joe? Why is he there?" Regina asks. I watch as Joe turns and spits into the sink.

"Joe and Caspar moved back in together." I answer her as the brunette slides out beside me and into his bedroom. I step into his bathroom and put Regina on speakerphone. I toss my phone on to the counter and begin changing out of my pajamas.

"I knew they couldn't live apart for very long." She responds, laughing. "Well, I hope they aren't too annoying."

"I've only been here less than a day. I think if anyone is being annoying, it's me. I hate that I'm intruding." I brush my long hair out before twisting it into a bun.

"They'll get over it." She says. "You have to send me that drawing as soon as you finish with it, okay?" I knew that is was only a matter of time before Regina brought up the drawing on my laptop. I had began the drawing before I left, and Regina had been asking me about it the entire ten hour flight.

"I haven't even finished it. Maybe I'll have time to do that today." I answer, beginning to brush my teeth. Once I finish, I spit and continue my conversation. "I also have to go find a job."

"Give it a little time. Caspar doesn't mind you being there." Regina says. "I know he doesn't. Don't worry about it."

"Regina, you know I worry. That's just what I do." I say, picking up my phone and turning it off of speakerphone. Holding the phone between my ear and shoulder, I walk out of the bathroom holding my bag and pajamas. I head over to my room and throw them both on to my bed. I flip the open sketchbook closed quickly, after admiring to the figure I had drawn for a short moment. If I'm lucky, it's going to turn out to be a killer drawing of Jack Maynard.

"Also, when are you going to come see me, ma'am? Caspar told me you were coming sometime soon." I pick at her. I hear her sigh across the line.

"You know flying freaks me out. I can't be on a plane for ten hours." She defenses herself.

"I know. It's fine, though. I'll see how soon I can come back." I say, smiling. "By then, I'll probably be married." I tell her jokingly, thinking back to the conversation Joe and I had at three this morning.

"No. No getting married. No getting engaged. No having kids." Regina says sternly. I begin laughing at her reaction. "Please don't tell me you like Caspar."

"I don't like either of them. It was a joke." I say, continuing to laugh in her ear.

"Good. There's no way you're getting married before me. You don't even like people!" She cries, before laughing. She has the same laugh as Caspar. I hadn't realized it until now, but she has the feminine version of Caspar's laugh. They also look quite similar. I would believe that Regina and Caspar were siblings before I would believe that Caspar and Theodora were siblings.