epilogue.) luna and eva

ruby

"He walked me down here, right along these little stones by the water. Ever-so-romantic, he made me stand in this exact spot, where white daisies grow in the spring. My feet got stuck in the mud from the afternoon rain the day before. He held out the ring and asked me to marry him. I told him that I would, but there was no way I would change my last name f-"

"You technically said that there was no way in hell you'd change your last name." Joe interrupts me.

"That's a bad word, Daddy." The small six year old pipes up from where she holds my hand tightly at my side. Little Luna looks back down at the picture in the photo album, urging me to continue talking. There wasn't much else to say, though. That was the engagement of Joe Sugg and Ruby Devon, three years after meeting each other. A wedding came in another year as well as the first pregnancy. That was my Luna. Two years after that came the extremely unplanned Eva. Time used to feel so long, now it feels so short. It feels like only a month ago I had seen Eva for the first time, not four years ago. It's strange to think that I'm not twenty-three anymore, just like Joe isn't twenty-five anymore. Thirty-two and thirty-four are almost scary to think about after how young we used to be.

Luna is my little girl, even though she looks exactly like her dad. Her brunette hair and bright blue eyes match his completely. The only thing that she got from me are the freckles across my nose and cheeks. Her name also came from both of us. For my side, it was because of my love of stars, and Joe's side is Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. Luna has always been considered more my daughter than Joe's. She's very much a girly-girl, and though I'm not, I'll still pretend for her sake. I'll wear a dress or skirt if I know it will make her happy. She also carries the artistic skill, which is something that gives us an opportunity to bond.

Eva, on the other hand, received Joe's amazing singing voice. She is only four but has a better singing voice than me; I mean, I'm not too bad, but I didn't think that a Pre-K student could be better. Eva is so much like Joe, though, making her Joe's little one. She plays stupid little pranks and goofs around a lot. She likes being outside and getting dirty. She is the exact definition of a tomboy. Eva also had both of our traits, but she still looked more like Joe than I. She does have my black hair and button nose, though. She didn't exactly have the name that Joe or I wanted, but it was a good comprise. I wanted Ava because it is Regina's middle name. Joe wanted Evie just because it's always been his favorite name for a little girl. We met in the middle with Eva.

"Oi, don't pull your sister's hair." I hear the ever-familiar Brighton accent from inside the house. I turn around, helping Eva stand up on the swinging bench on our patio. I see Zoe first, standing in the doorway, holding a six month old Daisy in her arms. I look past her to see Alfie standing between the twins - Violet and Ryan - who are both seven.

"Uncle Alfie!" Eva shouts as he wanders outside, letting the kids loose. The dark brunette picks up my youngest, holding her close to him as she begins babbling so fast the words turn incoherent. He nods along as if he understands everything. Luna gets up to run to the twins, and I close the book to scoot closer to Joe.

"Rocking the Mom jeans, Zo." Joe jokes, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Ha ha." Her voice is full of sarcasm as she sits next to me. "I've been wearing Mom jeans for seven years now."

"Oh, come on. You didn't actually start wearing them until this year. You've had them, though. Just waiting in the back of your closet." I reply, laughing. She nods and giggles, beginning to swing the bench lightly with her foot. "I really want to trade you right now." I tell her, holding up the album.

"Of course you do." She smiles before handing me her youngest. Daisy tugs at my nose piercing like she does every time I hold her. "I'm waiting for you to have another one." I hiss slowly through my teeth. I look back at Joe slowly. He raises his eyebrows to tell me that it's my decision.