bonus.) snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

ruby

It's the middle of December, and I don't really remember how long I have spent buried under blankets and hoodies, and even Joe. He has taken me to his dad's for Christmas, and we've been staying for quite a long time. It it so much colder in Wiltshire than it is in London, which are both definitely colder than Los Angeles' Christmases. It's been snowing so much recently.

We are currently waiting for Zoe and Alfie to show up, but they had to stop by Tanya and Jim's before coming all the way from Brighton. The four of us had intentions of decorating the tree for one of Zoe's 24 Days of Zoella videos, not to mention whatever embarrassing game Joe is going to make the three of us play with him.

"I just want some hot chocolate and fluffy socks." I complain, burying my head under the large comforter on the couch. I feel something tugging on the blanket and peek one eye out to see Joe trying to squeeze on to the couch next to me. I push my back against the back of the couch, and he lays down next to me, burying his head in my neck. He is somehow warm and shove my bare arms between our bodies in attempt to warm them up.

"How are you still so cold, Ruby?" He laughs quietly next to me ear, managing to pull me closer to him.

"I told you. I'm like a lizard. I need a warm environment and it's literally in the negatives outside." I mumble. "And I unfortunately drank the last of the hot chocolate yesterday when you made me go outside to hang up Christmas lights."

"Are you trying to convince me to buy you hot chocolate?" Joe asks, leaning back to look at me.

"And fluffy socks, preferably." I add, causing him to fall back against me.

"Fine." The brunette groans, throwing the large blanket off of both of us and rolling off of the couch. "You better grab a jacket, though, because I will not give you mine." He towers over me with his arms crossed, trying to look serious, but I can't help but giggle.

"Well, you look nice and tough." I tease, letting a little laughter slip through my lips. Joe only squints his eyes the tiniest bit more before I stand up. "What? Are you going to fight me or something?" I mock him, crossing my arms as well before glaring jokingly at him. I blow quickly into his ear which makes him laugh and grab at me, but I hop over the fallen blanket and towards the door to grab one of Joe's large coats since I didn't own one prior to moving, and I didn't exactly expect England to be this cold. I push my feet into a pair of winter boots Zoe so graciously lent me a few months before, telling me I would definitely need them soon. The only reason she didn't give me a coat is because Joe owns so many.

While Joe goes to tell his dad that we're running out, I pull up my sleeve to rub my new tattoo. A tattoo hasn't given me this much trouble since my very first one when I had absolutely no idea how to treat it. It's a thin heart right under my elbow on my forearm. It's cute and minimalist, which is not something I usually go for it, but when Joe came up to me and said, "I have a great idea for a Christmas video. It might involve me screaming, and you laughing, but it will make for a great couple's video." Then we ended up at a tattoo parlor, and I'm sure we almost got kicked out because Joe cried and screamed for an extremely long time when he got the same tattoo in the exact same spot. His dad was extremely surprised to see that he finally got a tattoo.

"Are you ready?" Joe asks, reaching around me to grab his Sugg Life hoodie. It's his old green one that I kidnapped forever but I eventually surrendered it when he ordered me a dark red one. I open the door but desperately want to close it again. There's so much snow on the ground and the wind is so cold. I make a noise that sounds somewhere between a cow's moo and a whale's moan. "You're such a dramatic one." He jokes, pushing me out the door lightly. I stumble into the snow as Joe pulls out his vlogging camera again. He'd been vlogging on and off all day because he's been doing Vlogmas.