33.) beach babes

ruby

"Joseph." I mumble from where I lay squished between my wall and my boyfriend. "Joe." I nudge him with my foot, trying to wake him up. "Oh, my God, babe. Get away." He moves his head slightly, but only to move it closer to me. There's one useful thing I've learned from my time with Joe, and that is Joe will always wake up if you touch his feet. He hates people touching feet so much that it even wakes him up.

I move both feet around, trying to find his. I, eventually, end up kicking his foot accidentally hard, making him groan before opening his eyes. "What are you doing, gorgeous?" He whispers, rolling on to back and pulling me closer to him and slightly away from the wall.

"Trying to go pee, but you won't let me up." I laugh, vaulting a leg over him to get up from the bed. I step immediately on to my cold, hardwood floors. My old bed is so small. It's only a twin, which is very different than what Joe and I are used to sleeping in. If we get into an argument while on vacation, we are screwed. We're always touching each other somewhere. There's no empty space, whatsoever.

As I make my way to the bathroom, I pass Regina who is coming out of  the bathroom in her bikini.  It's the one that she bought on clearance during December last year. The top is covered in many different bright colors, and her bottoms are an electric green. "Hot." I comment simply.

"It makes my ass look kind of fat, but who can worry about stupid things like that when it's just a bit over ninety degrees outside and we live on a beach?" Regina shrugs, taking another drink of the protein shake in her hand. It's so weird to see Regina eating healthy after watching years of her sometimes eating beef jerky as a meal. "Are you joining?"

"I guess I could. I have to find my swimsuit first." I answer as Caspar passes the hall to the kitchen. "Your cousin is about to find out that there is literally no food in this house." Before Regina has a chance to answer, Caspar groans from the kitchen.

"He'll live. I put your old bathing suit in the bathroom in your cabinet. I pulled it from storage when I went." She replies before walking down the hall,  and I cross into the bathroom.

While brushing my teeth - with Joe's toothbrush, because I forgot mine in London, I open the bottom cabinet. The top one is for all of Regina's things, like makeup and soaps, and the bottom cabinet is mine. There's not much room in the bathroom to walk, even less to have some kind of chest-of-drawers, so our only bathroom storage are these two wall cabinets. We agreed that towels would be stored in hers and toilet paper would be stored in mine, but there's barely any toilet paper in the house, so I got the much better deal here.

I roll my eyes as I pull the 'old' swinsuit from the cabinet. I spit in the sink before laying the bikini on the closed toilet. It's definitely not my old one.

The top is strapless and a bright pink, similar to the dress she had worn to the airport yesterday. I don't know how Regina expects me to keep this up when I literally have the smallest bust in Los Angeles. I squeeze myself into it and make a very unattractive sound. I look at my reflection in the mirror on the back of the door. I pick up the string bottoms, which are a black covered in neon paint splatters. I pull my hair out of the bun after I slip them on, ready to complain about it to Regina.

She literally brought me the worst bikini she could find me. She knows I hate anything that doesn't have straps. I've always had a problem with them. For the fair point that I have nothing where I need it. At my junior prom, I was basically the only girl not wearing a strapless dress, just because after trying on the eighth strapless dress, I realized it just wasn't happening. They were all either too tight or too big, and I was not taking the risk of it falling down or suffocating myself, which is almost what is happening right now.