Chapter 1

Kareem

(Ain't no woman like the one I've got)

"Every day the sun comes up around her

She can make the birds sing harmony

Every drop of rain is glad it found her

Heaven must have made her just for me

When she smiles so warm and tender

A sight for sore eyes to see
"

I swayed my hips to the music that played from the Bose speakers in each corner of the house as I did my thing in the kitchen. All I had to do was add the chocolate chip to the cookies for the kids so that when they got home they would have a warm snack to have when they got home.

Bending down I tried opening the oven door to pop them in but it was so damn hard with my freaking belly that was in the way, Christmas was in twelve days and I was so ready to pop this new bun out my oven. And to think my second pregnancy would have been easier, it was different with Cameron being involved; he has been excited about it while  all I wanted was for this child to get out me.

We wanted to be surprise about the baby so we didn't request the gender. We both wanted a girl, I just want a mini me while Cameron wanted a princess to spoil, to give the world to and I knew she was gone have the world if he said so.

"Mrs. Rodriguez let me help ma'am." I watched as her short frame that once hovered over me take the pan and put it in the oven with ease. 

"Thank you Maria I thought I told you not to come in today. Sweetheart stay with your family, go shopping with tour family you need a break from this crazy house." I went to my handbag that laid helplessly on the island. 

"Ay Dios Mio Mrs. Rodriguez you good woman.  You over  pay me and I feel like I should work the money-"

"Maria nonsense you have done a great job now here," I scribbled on the cheque book before tearing it off the counterfoil. "Please have a great time with your family." I smiled I really adored her not only me but Cam and the kids loved her.

"Thank you Mrs. Rodriguez  I really appreciate all that you have done for me." She showered me with kisses on my cheek.

"Bye now Maria." I shook my head watching her grabbed her bag and leaving.

Setting the timer on the oven for it to automatically shut off just in case I didn't make it down the stairs in time to turn it off.

"I needed a bathe so damn bad." I muttered locking the door, Cam should have his keys.

" I muttered locking the door, Cam should have his keys

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.