Chapter 9

Kareem

"Somebody get Doctor Mendez to Maternity Ward's operating room now!" A female screamed over me.

"She is in and out of consciousness and she's lost a lot of blood." A man said over me, I wanted to open my eyes but I couldn't, it was like I had weights holding my lids down.

"Cam...my...husb-" Before I could feel myself being pulled back into the darkness I managed to lift my left hand.

"She was with a guy, I will find out if he could give us information."

Soon I could feel them piercing my skin with needles and sticking stuff to me but my only concern was my baby, there was so many risk we were taking I wasn't supposed to have the baby in the hospital police can come and take me away and give the baby to an orphanage.

"We are going to induce her to give birth."

"Nurse monitor the medication if she gets too much she can go in shock and lose and die with that baby." At this point I wanted to screamed for them to do whatever it takes for them to save my baby.

"Doctor thank god you're here!"

"Why is she in here and what is she doing?" Some man raged.

"She is inducing her labor."

"You have a patient about to give birth who is barely awake and she is bleeding and you left her life int he hands of a trainee! Are you nurses fucking serious."

I don't know what but my body started to feel different, my eyes opened and I could talk but I could have felt my entire body sweating and my heart racing and the pains got way more excruciating.

"My baby." I tried sitting but just like that I lost my balance and fell back in the bed and then I couldn't feel anything but my eyes were still open. Was I dying? My Baby!

"Oh guys something is happening to her." a young girl said to my left.

"Shit! You gave her too much now she is going into shock." The room filled with doctors and nurses.

"I'm going to need that patient to come with me."Now that voice I recognized. Dr. Corben our private family doctor. Being the type of persons we were we had to avoid certain places that involved the laws and police.

"Excuse me Corben why are you in my operating room, Jane Doe will not leave this room." The doctor argued.

"She is my patient and she signed a paper declaring her child being born at my clinic unless you and the hospital would like to battle a case of going against the patient wishes you are free to do so. But we are losing precious tie of her child's life which you already put in danger by making her go into shock."

"Shit! let her go but you don't have enough time."