Chapter 16

Kareem

Because mom didn't get the organ the time they wanted it, she didn't heal as quickly as they hoped either. So she was home for about a week on bed rest. She still haven't found out who gave her the organ and she hasn't gotten the chance to ask me either because I have been dodging her. I got a nurse to take care of her. I would only go stay with her when she is fully asleep and as soon as I'd see her shuffling I'd leave.

These days I was only with the kids, the only thing that anyone hasn't threaten to take from me.

Don't get me wrong, knowing that I have a sister is one of the best news I could ever hear it's just every time I think about her the thought of sharing my husband with her comes in my head.

"Moooooommmm!" Kamrin dropped himself in my lap sighing.

"Yes sir, why you being dramatic now? What's your problem?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Can I get a phone?"

"A phone? Who you calling?"

"Angel."

"Who is Angel?" I asked puzzled.

"My girlfriend." He shrugged.

"What!" I almost fell off the bench. "What girlfriend?"

"My girlfriend Angel we sit next to each other in class and I give her one of my milk and she give me some of her cookies."

And that's moment I noticed I was not getting any younger my six years old son is telling me he has a girlfriend.

"Where'd you get that from? How is she your girlfriend."

"Oh my god mommy do you live under a rock."

"Obviously."

"Well I told daddy that I sit next to this girl in class and her name Angel and she is always smiling at me. And he said she likes me."

"He said what now!" Ohh me and Cameron finna talk about this.

"And I asked him if that means she is my girlfriend and he said I would have to give her milk and she give me some cookie."

"Ohhh me and your daddy are going to talk about this."

"So can I get a phone to call my girlfriend?" He asked ignoring my mutters.

"No! Talk to her when you get to school."

"She is going to break up with me if I don't call her." He sulked.

"She got a phone?"

"I dunno." He shrugged.

"How you gone call her and you don't know if she got a phone?"

"I dunno." He sighed and I could tell he was really sad about it. He needed to take his little ass to the television room and watch Elmo talking bout his ass got a girlfriend.

"Kamrin," I lifted him up and hugged him. "You can talk to your friend tomorrow."

"Okay, mommy?"