Chapter 14

Monique

"Whats so important that you couldn't wait till I get off work to talk." He walked over to me by the swing.

"Sit." I sighed.

"I don't have the time to be out here with you-"

"Jase, please." I looked over to him with my puffy eyes and he sat in the swing next to mine.

"Why are we here Monique? And why are you crying?" I could hear the worry that loitered in his voice.

"You remember this place?" I slightly swung the swing.

"Yeah, it was the first time I saw you. Cameron had brought you to watch us play basketball at the court and you kept look at your shoes."

"I was shy, I've never been around boys other than the ones in my family."

"Well that was obvious you kept staring at me." He smirked.

"Lies!" I giggled.

"I caught you staring at my sexiness, looking at my packs bout' lies I saw you low key hawking a nigga"

"Your such a liar your skinny ass didn't even have abs at 10." I laughed wiping my eyes.

"You was feeling a nigga though."

"Yeah, that's when I developed a crush on you." I frowned on the verge of crying again.

"Trying to get a nigga alone and shit, I noticed your ass alright doing the most." He shook his head.

"What!" I blushed. "That's a lie, I really wanted some ice cream."

"Oh so a nigga the liar now huh!" He smiled. "You always knew how to get me alone. Nique why are we here?" He asked again.

"I miss you..." I admitted. "I miss us, it was us against the world Jase, its just me by myself out in the cold."

"Don't do this to a nigga now Monique, you know why we had to end it."

"So you fucked up and shit happened if we stayed together shit wouldn't be this complicated now."

"Nique-"

"Jase I still love you. I can't get over what we had."

"I still love you too and that's why I broke this off. You heard them doctors say that I could lose control and become a danger to you I had no choice I wasn't gone put you through all that shit Nique. I need you to be strong and move on."

"I tried but..." I sniffed as I wiped the tears that rolled down my cheek.

"But?"

"I cant stay strong anymore..."

"Why are your saying all of this?"

"Jase, I'm....I am uhh." I tried to expressed myself but I felt so emotional at this moment all I wanted was for him to hold me in his arms and tell me that everything was going to be okay and that he was going to be there for me.

"Nique what is going on?"

"I'm pregnant." I broke down.

"Why are you crying? Shouldn't you be happy?"

"Jase I can't be happy knowing that you don't love me anymore, knowing that I'm having your child-"

"Wait its mine?"

"The fuck you asking if its your nigga don't fuck with me."

"Shit! I'm a dad. I'm a be a father." He got out the swing excited which took me by surprise.