Chapter 17

Cameron

"Mhhhh what's that wonderful smell down here?" I asked as I entered the kitchen with my bare chest.

I had trouble sleeping last night being that Kay no longer slept with me, I couldn't  beg her to sleep with me now cause it would start an argument and the house was filled with both our family; The kids, Kay's mom, her sister, and her aunt was flying in sometimes this week to meet Kaveen. Monique is always here and Jase is staying to stay over with her.

I was scared that Kaveen and Kareem being in the same house with me would have been weird but Kay didn't make time for weirdness. She was never around anymore, the only time I saw her was when she pick up Kamrin and dropped him home if I was home. She would go out day with the babies if I was home and didn't come home till I went jogging.

If she was punishing me I learned my lesson, I just missed having her in my arms at night. It's been eight months since the whole shit happened and things haven't been the same since then. In the times Kay left me while I was at home I got to know Kaveen a little bit more and I happened to like her, she was really cool and she was the girlier version of Kay.

Kaveen was barely able to walk around and I would always help her if I'm around, she had her mother's help most of the time. Everybody loved Kaveen but Kareem kept inching further from home, we spoke only when it involved the kids. She started spending more time over in Chicago back at her trap and getting some work done. I felt like I was slowly losing her to the streets.

"I'm making breakfast!" Kaveen smiled waving the spatula by the stove.

"Damn, you could put it down in the kitchen ma' smells real good." I chuckled getting some orange juice from the refrigerator.

"I try!" She laughed as she flipped the pancake.

"You should let me help you though. You shouldn't be doing all this work."I got behind her trying to pry the spatula from her hand.

'No, I just need this one thing t do, I hate having to sit and everybody doing stuff, I just wanna cook please."

Well at least she wanted to cook, Kareem wanted to use her gun so bad someone.

"Well, at least let me help you." I pushed my free hand through her arched arm to turn down the stove.

Cameron stop please." She giggled.

"What did I do?" I asked laughing. I couldn't help but to laugh along with her, her laugh was so contagious.

"My side is ticklish you just brush against it and I-" The sound of metal falling on the island interrupt us. Quickly, I pulled away from her and we both turned to see Kareem shaking bullets out her hand bag with her gun on the island.

"Don't let me interrupt." She kept shaking not once looking up at us. Then she took up all the bullets and put then in the cartridge of the gun.

"Where you going?" I asked raising an eyebrow in anger. She was dressed in her full black leather suit.

"Work." She pulled the chamber back before she put it in her waist at the back of her jacket.

'But it's sunday." I watched her throw the bag in the bin before walking out the kitchen.

"Your shit is burning." She ignored us and slammed the front door.