Oh, Sneaky Little Chica...

It's been almost a year since Mark and I have broken up, and I am not over him still. I bet he moved on to a better life, with a better girl.

I don't remember why we even broken up, that's how dumb it was. After we broke up, all I did was cry alone in my room. I would have friends come over, and they would try to comfort me, but it never seemed to work. I was still in contact with Ethan and Tyler, but not as much as before.

Mark and I have agreed to just be friends, but he never wanted to talk to me afterwards. I know I screwed up, I know I did, but what can I do? Exactly, nothing. All I could do was rethink my mistakes in life.

This morning I had no motivation to do anything... at all. I felt like watching a Netflix series and eating buckets of ice cream, but mom's non-stop taunting voice in my head keeps telling me "if you don't excirsize or eat well, you're going to roll down a hill with all that fat."

I rolled off my bed, falling on the floor, and landing on my butt.

I got up with no energy, and dragged my self to my closet. I walked to the furniture that looks like a tornado just passed by. I pick out an oversized grey sweater with some blue skinny jeans. I put on my black boots and step out the front door, feeling the breasy wind send chills up my spine.

I start walking down a path that Mark and I would always walk to the town's park. The bright red park was always filled with kids, but today it was chilly, so there was barely anyone at the park.

I walk towards a little pond that was not far from the park, and sit down and looked at the ducks that swam around, and minded their own business. I remember when Mark and I would feed the ducks, and laugh when they would chase us for more. After gazing at the brown, and green colored birds, I feel a little head bump on my thigh. I looked at my leg and saw a little duckling headbutting me to scoot over. I giggled at the ducklings persistence, and scooted over. As I scooted, a piece of bread revealed. I stared at the duckling, then at the bread. I stared at the duckling. "You wouldn't dare..." I whispered with a smirk.

The little duck glared at me, as if he were saying "watch me". He pecked the piece of bread, and waddled away.

"Ew!" I giggled I flashed it a smile, but it soon swam away in fear.

I was confused at first, until I heard a key chain like jingle. I turn around to where the jingle came from, but I was to late, and got tackled to the floor.

Next thing I know I was being licked in the face. I open my eyes though all the saliva, and see the last dog I'd expect to see. Chica.

"Chica?" I asked looking at the overly excited dog.

I got up, and stared gazing at the dog.

How'd you get here?

"Well that means Mark is around..." I sighed.

Chica stared tugging at my sweater with her teeth. I giggled and let her lead the way. She brought me to the field, and brought a stick in her mouth.

"Alright girl" I say I take hold of the stick. "Go fetch!" I say chucking the stick across the field. She went sprinting after it, and came back running. I wasn't paying attention, and once again the golden retriever tackled me to the floor.

"Oh!! Chica!" I said gasping for air from the impact. She was filling my face with her saliva. I get up and pet her, and she eventually got tired and slept on my lap.

It was about 30min that she slept on my lap, she then instantly woke up, and caused me to yelp.

"What is it Chica- Picka?"

She looked extremely focused.

"Do ya hear something?" I asked trying to listen closely.

"Hey, Chica- Pica! Hey girl! Come here chica!" I heard faint yelling, and whistling.

Chica jumped off my lap, and started running towards a distant figure.

The figure was Mark with black hair, and a scraggly beard. He had an empty leash in his hand. I stood up, and waved at chica.

Mark had a smile on his face at the sight of seeing chica, until our eyes met.

"Aw! Thanks so much for finding my chi....ca,......(y/n)?"

"Hi, Mark." I said looking down, and tugged at my sweater.

All he did was stare at me, just stare.

"Well, I gotta get going. My roommate is probably home right now, so..." I turned on my heels, and started walking down the parks sidewalk.

"Wait!" Mark shouted behind me. I turned around and looked at him confusedly.
"I'm sorry I didn't handle our breakup well, and I'm so sorry that you suffered because of me. I could of called but... But I didn't. Listen (y/n), I really need you back in my life. I can't without you... I can't..." His voice started shaking, and he had tears in his eyes.

"I know you probably don't want to see me right now, but... I need you to at least forgive me..." He looked at the ground, as a tear rolled off his face, and hit the grass.

Without hesitation I run up to him and gave him a hug. He dropped the leash he had in his hand, and hugged me back.
I pulled my face away, and looked at his glossy brown eyes as our noses touched.

Chica then came behind my legs and bumped me towards Mark, making our lips close the gap. I gasped, but Mark held me tight, and deepened the kiss. I gave in, and brushed my fingers through his hair.

We stopped the kiss for more air, and chica started jumping, and barking like crazy.

I giggled at chicas excitement, and stared at Mark.

"God, how I missed that giggle of yours, your smile, your kindness."

I blushed perfusly.

"I missed you Mark"

"I missed you too"