Chapter 2: Well hello there!

I almost run up the stairs to my apartment. Zoe was following me, but in a normal pace. I stood in front of my door waiting for her. “You are really excited about this aren't you?” She giggled when she saw me jumping around. For sure I was excited! I was really looking forward to spending the next two weeks with Joe and Zoe of course. I unlocked the door as soon as Zoe had caught up with me and immediately run into my bedroom. I pulled out my suitcase from under my bed and started to throw in some clothes. Zoe joined me and started to throw in clothes as well. Zoe and me had the same size and kind of the same style only that mine was a bit more grungy and boyish, not that I was a tomboy, I just wear a lot of button up shirts.

After what felt like hours Zoe and me had everything packed and started to head to my car. I threw my suitcase in the boot while Zoe made herself comfortable in the passenger seat. We were driving for half and hour, when Zoe looked at me with and serious expression. I looked for a second before fixing my gaze on the road again “What's wrong?”. I heard her sigh and saw her moving her head out of the corner of my eye. “You know, I think you should really tell him. I mean you two are kind of the perfect example for skinny love.” I laughed before letting a sigh escape my mouth. “I'm right. You know that. I mean look at you two! You kind of act like a couple anyway.” I bit my lip, thinking about what Zoe just said. Yeah Joe and me used to cuddle now and then, because all our friends were taken and we were the only singles and just needed some cuddles now and then. But that was basically it. Well, I never told Zoe but Joe was my first kiss. He actually doesn't know either. It was at a random party when we were playing truth or dare. “Please promise me to think about it.” Zoe's voice snapped me out my thoughts. I nodded but sighed again “We both know that even if I wanted to, I am too shy to tell him plus I am a bit old school. I want the boy to ask me out.” Zoe sighed frustrated. “You two are unbelievable” She murmured under her breath, before she pulled out her phone. “Do you mind if I invite Alfie?” She suddenly asked me. A smirk grew on my face “The Alfie? As in your boyfriend Alfie?” A blush covered her cheeks before she nodded. “And you are even asking me this because?” I glanced at her a smirk still covering my face.

I started to feel nervous when I pulled into Zoe's street. I would see Joe again. I could actually feel the butterflies in my stomach. I stopped the car in front of their house. I took a deep breath, before I got out of the car. Zoe had already left the car and was walking towards a big guy with dark hair, who had just arrived as well. I figured that would be Alfie but before I could make my way towards them, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. “I missed you!” Joe's voice echoed through my ears, when he started to spin me around. “Let me down you child!” I giggled before giving him a prober hug. “I really missed you, Y/N!” he whispered before letting go of me. He than looked over me and saw Zoe and Alfie. “Hi mate! Didn't know you were coming!” He walked over to Alfie, but before he grabbed my hand pulling me with him. “Yeah was a kind last minute thing” Alfie chuckled before they greeted each with one of those man hugs. I stood awkwardly next to Joe, who still hadn't let go of my hand. “Oh Alfie, may I introduce you to our wonderful friend, Y/N!” Zoe said in a posh voice and I curtsied giggling. Alfie than took my hand “It's a pleasure, my love” He said in a posh accent before he leaned in to kiss my hand but kissed his own thumb instead. We all burst out laughing before Joe went to grab my suitcase and Zoe and Alfie made their way inside.

“Ah, the last true gentleman” I mocked Joe, making him chuckle. “A lost art” He said to me in a weird accent making me burst out laughing again. Suddenly he became all serious again and pulled me in for a hug “Good to have you back, Y/N!”.