Chapter 7: Awkward

I spend the night, thinking. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened earlier. He loved me, he said it himself. I sighed, rubbing my hands over my face frustrated. The sound of plates, made my head snap towards the kitchen. I realised that the light was turned on. It probably was Joe. 'If he won't make a move, you should' Zoe's words echoed in my head. Maybe I should, but than again I want the guy to make a move, doesn't it show their interest? But I knew Joe was interested, he was just scared to ruin what we have. I sighed again. I stood up and walked into the kitchen. The sound of the door made Joe's head snap into my direction. A small smile covered his lips, “Sorry if I woke you up.” I just shook my head. “Don't worry I haven't been sleeping, been awake the whole time, somehow I can't fall asleep” He looked a bit shocked probably wondering if I heard him earlier. “the whole time?” He raised his eyebrow, biting his lip nervously. I nodded my head, before placing myself on top of a counter. “So you heard what I said to Zoe earlier?” I nodded again. He bit his lip, while scratching his neck. “Well that's a bit awkward.” I giggled. “Yeah.” “I'm sorry, Y/N.” I looked up at him “You are sorry?” He looked at the floor “Well, I know you probably don't have the same feelings.” My eyes widen, how could this wonderful boy be so blind? How could he not see that I was madly in love with him? Before he could say anything else. I walked over to him and crushed my lips against his. He kissed back almost immediately. After some time we both pulled away, breathing heavily. He leaned his forehead against mine, I bit my lip when I looked up at him. “I love you” he mumbled, before he pecked my lips. “I love you too” I pecked his lips, but he placed his hand on the back of my head deepening the kiss.

After our midnight snack I was about to go back onto the couch, but Joe grabbed my hand. “The couch is not as comfortable as my bed” He winked and pulled me up into his bedroom. He lay down and pulled me down with him, my head lay on his chest. We spend the next minutes giggling about our ignorance, how we both could have been so blind and not realise, how much the other loved us. Soon we drifted into a peaceful sleep.

“Look, guys, what Zoe and me discovered this morning! Looks like Y/Ship/N finally happened!” Alfie cheered into his vlogging camera. I forced a eye open, before slapping the camera out of his hand “OI!” I just giggled before nuzzling my head into Joe's neck trying to fall asleep again. “Someone's grumpy in the morning, have fun Joe!” Alfie chuckled before leaving the room. Joe turned to face me, tightening his arms around me and pecking my lips. “A few more hours?” I groaned and Joe just nodded his head and we both drifted off again.

A/N: Short I know but it finally happened!