Chapter 12: A new job

The next few weeks consisted of me going to work and then hiding in my flat. Zoe tried a few times to get hold of me, but I was just too ashamed to answer her calls. I knew I was wrong and I wanted nothing more than just forget my pride and talk to Joe, but I just couldn't get myself to do that.

One morning when I was on my way to a photoshoot, when I got a e-mail. While being a being a stylist, I also worked now and than as a personal shopper at Topshop. The mail was from my boss at Topshop, telling me that I was booked for the next day. I answered my boss telling him, I'll stop by after the photoshoot to get the details.

I smiled to myself when I walked past the crowds, storming the store, when I made my way up to the office. I glanced down at my watch, this nervous feeling starting to build up in my stomach. I was late and I was afraid that my boss gave the job to one of the other personal shoppers, because I didn't pick up the info package. I walked as quickly as I could to my boss office, to see the lights were already out. “Shit!” I mumbled to myself. “You're late, Y/N. You are never late!” I heard Jane, my boss' secretary, next to me. I jumped a little and turned to face her. She smiled at me. “Mr. Davis, told me to wait for you and give you this.” She handed me the package. “Thank you! I already thought he would have given this job to someone else!” “Well, he wanted to, but they insisted that it should be you.” She smiled again. “So, if you don't mind, I'll head out now. I have a date later.” She winked at me before walking past me. “Oh before I forget it. Here are the keys for the studio, I imagine you'll be the last tonight” She threw me a pair of keys, before she disappeared in the elevator. I made my way to the studio and sat down. I looked through the package. Apparently it was cooperation with a youtube channel, to show people, how the personal shopping at Topshop works. When I read youtube channel, I was immediately worried, but I was relieved when I read that the channel was called DailyMix. It wasn't Joe's channel, so I wouldn't face him. DailyMix sounded familiar, but I wasn't sure why.

After looking through the package, I knew that I was looking for clothes for four guys, the topic was smart and for sure their sizes. I walked through the man section and picked up a selection of blazers, shirts, trousers as well as ties and bow ties. When I was happy with my selection, I headed to the personal shopping area and arranged the clothes on the four clothes rails. I made a little sign 'booked for DailyMix' and stuck it to the wall, before I headed home.

My alarm woke me the next morning and I felt like I would have only slept for two hours maybe. I quickly got ready and headed towards the store. I quickly prepared the last few bits, before I made my way to my boss. I apologized for the day before and returned the keys to Jane. I made my way to the personal shopping area and waited for DailyMix. When a team with cameras appeared I immediately knew this had to be DailyMix. I walked towards them “DailyMix?” I was greeted by a tall guy, Jim Chapman, I had seen him on youtube before with Joe. That's when I realised, DailyMix was the channel, where Zoe, Tanya, Jim and his sisters posted their videos. I never felt so nervous, when I greeted a client. Next to Jim, Marcus and Alfie were there as well. When Alfie gave me a sad smile, I just knew Joe was here as well. “Well, Joe's a bit late, but you could just show us were we're filming” Jim smiled at me. I just nodded my head and turned to walk down to their personal room. Just when I had turned my back to the door I heard his voice. “Sorry, I'm late guys!”