Chapter 3: Walk at night

I couldn't help but blush, after Joe's comment. He was really glad I was back and so was I. I quickly made my way into the kitchen and greeted their parents, before joining them in the living room. I sat down next to Joe and started to poke his side. He turned to me and looked at me seriously. I started laughing, causing him to laugh as well. “I can never keep a straight face when I look at you” He pouted making me smirk.

We decided to watch a film, after half of it we all were hungry and we were craving Nandos, actually only Joe and I did so we decided to quickly drive to Bath to get some. We jumped into his car and immediately turned on the music. I sang along to the music, when I caught Joe staring at me now and then. “What are you staring at?” I poked him again. “No poking I'm driving!” He laughed. “Alright I won't poke you but tell me, what were you staring at?” He smirked before shaking his head. “Nothing.” I laughed “And you really think I'm going to believe that?” “Well you could at least try.” I shook my head laughing. “Alright I'll try.” I sighed dramatically, making Joe laugh.

Suddenly he turned serious again. “I really missed you, Y/N. I really did.” I smiled at him “I missed you too.” I quickly pecked his cheek, before we got out of the car.

“Did you realise that it's already 11p.m?” I looked up at him and nodded his head smirking. “Late night Nandos, it's the best” He winked before he grabbed my hand and pulled me over the street. We quickly got into Nandos and walked back to the car. Suddenly I saw a group of boys walking towards us. I turned to Joe nodding my head in their direction. I was scared but I knew that nothing would happen to me as long as Joe was with me. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me into his side. I buried my face into his chest when I heard them whistling. I could feel how Joe's whole body tensed. W arrived at the car without them bothering us any more. I got into the car and I was shaking. I didn't know why, because nothing actually happened and nothing would have happened but still I was shaking. Joe noticed and quickly pulled me into a hug. “Everything's alright, Y/N. Nothing happened.” I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and pulled away. “Did you really think I would have let them do something to you?” I shook my head. He chuckled, before he hugged me again. “I will never let someone harm you in anyway.” He whispered before kissing my forehead. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. His gaze was first fixed on my eyes as well but than it started to wander to my lips and back to my eyes and to my lips again. I bit my lip. “Don't.” He mumbled causing me to frown, before he placed his hand on my neck and pulled me into a kiss. The kiss was passionately, hungry, something we both craved for years.