Chapter 16: Airport

I woke up to the fire alarm going off in my kitchen. I sprinted into the kitchen, when I arrived there it was silence. Joe stood on of the chairs, the fire alarm in his hands, with a sheepish smile. “What the?” was all I good manage to get out this early. “I thought I make you some breakfast in bed, before we head off to Italy and don't see eachother for almost two weeks.” He was biting his lip and looked at me with those puppy eyes. I shook my head smiling and walked closer to Joe, pecking his lips. “You are too cute to stay mad at.” He grinned at me, before wrapping his arms around my waist. “Let me make it up to you.” I hummed into his chest, when I placed a soft kiss on his chest. “How does a lovely hot shower sounds to you, my love?” “Like the best thing ever!” I hummed again, before Joe picked me up and carried me to my bathroom.

“Come on, Joe!” We were almost running to the airport, because we were running late. Let's just say, the shower took longer than intended and we were running late. Not horribly late, just too late for my likening. We soon saw Zoe, Alfie, Louise and Marcus. “There you are!” Alfie welcomed us. “Sorry, we're late. Someone set off the fire alarm, while trying to make breakfast.” Joe looked down at me shaking his head., before he winked at me. My eyes widened, so he was trying to blame that on me now. I just smiled to myself and shook my head. We had already checked in online, so now all we had left to do was to get rid of our luggage. After we went through security we sat down in front of Starbucks. Joe and me caught up on our breakfast, after all, I had set of the fire alarm, causing us to be late and miss it. After Joe once again mentioned that, causing me to roll my eyes, Zoe turned to face me. “How the hell did you manage that? Last time you made breakfast it was amazing.” Joe's eyes widened, realising that Zoe knew that I was actually a quite good cook. “Well instead of just frying the bacon, I thought I could try and flambé it. You know, I like fancy cooking.” I cleared my throat. Zoe nodded and turned to Alfie to talk to him. “Nicely saved.” Joe whispered in my ear. I smiled at him and pecked his cheek. “Your secret is safe with me.”

“You know, I'm actually not a huge fan of airplanes.” I looked up at Joe with huge eyes. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “Oh, come on. What is the worst that could happen?” I looked at him again, brows furrowed. “Oh, I don't know. The airplane could crash, leaving us on a island to die, or we could burn to death, while the airplane is falling from the sky. Or we could be completely crushed, when it hits the ground. I'm not really sure if it is really the worst thing that could happen, but I guess, that dying is the worst.” You could hear the sarcasm dripping from my voice and Joe was just chuckling. “You are so cute, sometimes.” I raised my eyebrows. “Sometimes.” Joe's grin grew even bigger. “Yeah, sometimes.” I looked away from him pouting. “The other times you are either really hot or adorable.” I turned to him, my eyebrows raised. His grin fell a bit. “too cheesy?” “too cheesy.”

A/N: Just a quick and rather short update today. But I wanted to thank you guys for your support and for the votes and views and comments and just everything. This is my story with the most feedback and I wish I always could sit down and immediately write the next update, if one of you asks for it!

So basically thank you for reading this story and everything!