Chapter 13: Confession

A/N: Y/F/N: Your Full Name

Joe glanced at me and offered me a little smile, which I returned. I led them to the back and into their room. “So, how will we do this?” I turned to face them. “I think it's best we start with us four, saying hi, telling them what we are doing and than we'll introduce you and after that you work your magic, like you usually do and yeah that's it” Jim suggested and I nodded my head and moved a bit to the back to let them do their job.

“Hello there! And welcome back to DailyMix!” Jim started. “Today we are at Topshop to show you all about their new feature!” “Therefore we are joined by Y/F/N, who is a stylist and personal shopper!” Alfie continued before motioning to me. I stepped forward “Hey guys!”. “So what have you planed, Y/N?” Marcus turned to me. “Well, usually people either want personal shopper to find new trends which fit to their own personal style. You gave me a theme, which actually made it a bit easier!” I chuckled before walking over to the rails. “The theme was smart and I have here a bunch of clothes for each one of you.” They all quickly looked through the rails, before Jim cheered. “Let's get started than!” I chuckled and sat down in the chair waiting for each of them to get dressed. When they all came out, we started to film again. I started to talk shop about double-breasted blazers, plaid blazers, patterned shirts and bow-ties. After they tried on every outfit and I talked about them a bit and explain, how it and why it worked, which took ages, we were done.

Joe and me had successfully avoided eachother and I was relieved, but also sad. I had hoped he would make a move, talk to me. To be honest, I kind of hoped, that he would tell me how much he missed me, that he'll forgive me and we lived happily ever after. But I also knew that that was probably the most unlikely thing to happen. I was leaving Topshop with them and I was just about to say goodbye, when Alfie asked me to join them for dinner, Zoe would come too. I wasn't sure, I looked at Joe to see what he was thinking, but he just faced the floor. “I don't think that's a very good idea, Alfie.” I finally managed to get out, before I turned and walked towards the next underground. “Y/N! Wait!” I turned around to see Joe running towards me. I felt my heart picking up speed, so it was now hammering against my rip cage. “Yeah?” It came out more like a whisper than a confident question. “Let's get a coffee and than join them for dinner. We need to talk.” I didn't think it was possible, but my heart was beating even faster and all I could do was nod.

Joe and me ended up going to my place, after some girls recognized him and it would just be really awkward if that happened, while we were talking about something so personal. The ride to my flat was awkward. None of us wanted to talk about it in public and small talk would have been probably even more awkward than silence. We finally arrived and I let us in. I led him into my kitchen and put on the kettle.

“I'm sorry.” I was the first to speak. We were sitting on my table, mugs in our hands, facing eachother. “I was stupid and confused and I messed up.” I finally looked from my mug to Joe and saw him staring at me. “I don't even think that it was the crowds that annoyed me.” He looked at me surprised. “I had a lot of time to think about it and I think I just didn't want to share you and all these girls. Most of them wanting to be in my place and what they would do for it. I think I was just scared that one day you might just replace me with one of them.”