Chapter 11: Pride

My wrist was killing me on the way to the hospital. It had taken me half an hour to calm down enough to be able to drive again. I sighed when I sat down in the A&E, cradling my wrist to my chest. I tried to hold in the tears, as long as I was in here. I didn't want to explain, why I was crying that much. At least I didn't want to talk with a stranger about it. All I wanted right now was to take it back, be able to turn back time and never say, what I said, or at least tell him, I didn't mean it, that I love him more than anything and that it was a mistake to let him go. I should have run after him, but no I was too proud.

I ended up sitting in the A&E for three hours and due to the lovely traffic in London, I arrived at my flat at three in the morning. They had put a splint on my wrist, lucky me, it didn't break completely. Probably the best thing that happened to me that day. I woke up the next morning, hoping that either the day yesterday never happened or that the whole two weeks never happened and Joe and me were still best friends. I sighed and picked up my phone. A call from Zoe. I texted her asking if she was awake, because I wasn't sure, due to the time difference. She texted back, telling me jetlag kept her awake. I was a bit scared when I dialled her number, scared she would scream at me or even end our friendship.

“Y/N!” Zoe's voice made me jump a bit. “What happened to Joe? He locked himself into his room as soon as we arrived at the hotel and doesn't open the door for anyone.” It broke my heart hearing it and I felt the tears streaming down my cheeks again. “Y/N... tell me what happened.. you are scaring me.” “Is everything alright?” I heard Alfie mumble in the background, before a sob ripped through my body. “Oh no...Y/N.. tell me you two didn't break up.” Another sob shook trough my body. And I heard Zoe sighing. “Y/N please tell me exactly what happened?” I took a deep breath and tried to calm down, before I told Zoe everything that had happened the day before.

Joe's POV

A knock on the door woke me up. I heard first Alfie than Zoe yelling my name. I buried myself in the blankets again, not ready to face anyone at this point. Her words still hurt and I couldn't believe that she was really thinking that. We had both decided on not telling my subscribers for a few month, I never thought she would hold it against me. I walked over to the window ignoring the knocks on the door and looked out of the window. The hotel was surrounded by fangirls. I sighed and walked over to the door. Alfie and Zoe really started to annoy me.

I opened the door before walking back to the bed and buried myself in the blankets again. “Y/N told us.” My body tensed and I turned my face and looked at them. They pitied me and I hated it. They shouldn't have to pity me. Y/N overreacted and she knew it and was just too proud to admit it. “So she told you, how she told me to get rid of the girls following me, telling me to do something I can't. And because I can't she left me.” Zoe sighed and sat down next to me on the bed. “She loves you, you know that right?” A sad chuckle left my mouth. “Yeah and still she was afraid and let something as stupid as this tear us apart. I know she hates crowds, but she knew what she was getting into.” Zoe sighed again and tried to say something again before I cut her off “Don't, Zoe, just don't. We all know that Y/N was wrong, she even knows it herself. And if she just wouldn't be so proud, we would still be together.”

A/N: I just couldn't let you guys wait any longer :)