Chapter One

edited

(Name) quietly made her way over the capital's walls, sneaking back from the smaller villages surrounding it. It was the middle of the night and she was lucky that no one had been on guard duty when she decided to sneak out.

(Name) was also well known in the poorer towns for her kindness as she would use her basic medical training - thanks to ah ro's father - to help them out.

(Name) strolled the streets, her basket of herbs and medicine hanging by her side. She nearly yelled when she ran into two men who had turned the corner.

"Sorry," she said, giving them a tiny bow as an apology. She got a good look at their faces, noticing they were from the poor outer towns and not the capital, but she said nothing and continued on her way.

She was of to meet Ah Ro at the sewing place they also worked at. While (name) sowed, Ah Ro would tell stories that entranced her watchers.

But on this particular day, a fight broke out. One of the men (name) had crashed into earlier had entered and another man with a blue robe found out he had entered the capital without a pass.

It was one of Ban Ryu's followers, most likely meaning that Soo Ho, his enemy, was there as well. (Name) sighed, bit quite in the mood to deal with this but she left Ah Ro in the small sowing room while she went to check out what was happening.

It was the two men she had bumped into earlier. Neither seemed to recognize her, but she was fine with that. True to (name)'s assumption, both Soo Ho and Ban Ryu were there, watching the battle unfold.

"Enough!" (Name) cried out in exasperation. The two men fighting stopped and the crowd went silent as (name) strode forewords. "I am in no mood to listen to this ruckus tonight," she said with a frown. She helped the man on the floor up and handed him off to his friend in the sedge hat.

"(Name)!" Soo Ho cried out in joy of seeing her. Ban Ryu had to hold back a growl of jealousy, not that he would ever admit it.
While Soo Ho was blabbering away to (name) with a stupid grin on his face, Ban Ryu stalked away, his eyes filled with a burning anger.