chapter twenty three

"i am the king!" (name)'s eyes widened and shot over to the source of the voice - sun woo. she gasped lightly and the king cackled.

sun woo began to walk forward, right until he was at the foot of the stairs. "i am the king." he repeated firmly.

"bring (name) and the king to my chambers so we can have a little talk," the prince chuckled. he stood and walked away, guards coming forward to grab the two.

(name)'s eyes found ji dwi's in a panicked frenzy; she couldn't be taken away, it would mean the death of her. ji dwi's eyes held the same panic but he was helpless as a guard hauled (name) to her feet and pulled her towards the palace.

-----

"in my opinion, winning war comes down to luck." the prince chuckled, making (name), who was next to sun woo, shudder. the prince noticed and smirked, putting it in the back of his mind for later. "my luck happened to bring me a chest of gold from a silla citizen, and a tip that the king was among you. not to mention that i get to see my ever precious (name) again."

"shut up, prince," (name) hissed. "don't talk about me like that."

the prince merely laughed and turned back to sun woo. "you came forward because of that girl right? the other one." sun woo stayed silent, staring the prince in the eye. the prince leaned forward across the table, closing the distance between himself and sun woo. "i don't care if you are the king or not, but i will make you one, and i will make you beg for your life."

sun woo scoffed. "you aren't much of a prince, making threats towards a king of an ally. i wonder if your father would be proud." he learned in, making the prince lean back in his seat. "no one in silla knows what the king looks like. if you were to kill me and the queen were to announce that the real king is still alive, all you would have done was kill a peace delegation." sun woo took a breath and leaned back, letting his bangs fall into his eyes. "let us fight, to prove who is better in battle."

i'm going on a cruiiiiiiise guys i'm happy but there's no wifiiiii which means in cant updateeee
i'll keep writing and accumulate a few chapters and post them when i get off spring break.
damn it's already spring break jesus christ i stg this year is going by too fast for my liking.