chapter nineteen

ji dwi was jealous. he couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that he was, but it was plainly obvious for anyone who saw him glaring at the back of soo ho's head.
(name) had spent more time with soo ho - most of it simple chatting - on their travels into baekje. ji dwi was upset that she had become friends with soo ho again, even if it was for the best.
when they finally reached baekje, they headed straight to meet the king. or prince. (name) couldn't tell which one he was, and to tell the truth, she didn't care.
he was eating when they arrived, feasting on a full meal while peasants on the edge of his borders starved. (name) wanted to laugh. it was so unfair.
sook myung spoke with the prince a little, then the two went off to a room to have a private conversation, leaving the hwarang, (name), and ah ro to do whatever they wanted.
(name) went over to a tree and slumber down at its trunk, letting the shade cool her off in the hot sun. she closed her eyes and leaned her head back, sighing in bliss.
she opened her eyes when she felt a presence slump down next to her. it was ji dwi.
"(name)," he started. (name) hummed in acknowledgment and closed her eyes again. "i have something to confess. i ... don't like seeing you with soo ho so much. it bothers me."
(name) frowned. "why?"
"because i'm jealous." (name) opened her eyes in surprise. "my heart hurts and i get angry at him because i want to be the one to be next to you, not him."
(name) nodded slowly. "what's your point?"
"(name), i love you."

SHORT CHAPTER GUYS BUT I WANTED TO POST SOMETHING BC TODAY IS YOONGI'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!