chapter thirty

a young (name) stood before the only lit room in the house, her hands clutching her dress and wincing at every scream, every crash. it wasn't often that her parents fought but when they did, it was harsh and cold and they often turned it on her to make up. she didn't mind, though. as long as her family stayed together then she was happy.

tonight, (name) actually knew what the fight was about. word had gotten around that her mother was cheating with another man, and her father had gotten drunk and angry. they threw things at each other - things that she would have to clean up when they were done - and screamed their hearts out.

her father was scary when he was drunk and angry. anything could set him off and get him to slap and throw until he had calmed down. it had happened to her before, and the scars remained on her back from his rings.

her mother, on the other hand, usually was the scary calm type of mad. she didn't say a word, simply stared you down until you apologized, and (name) always did.

(name) was brought back into reality when a plate flew through the door and smashed into the wall next to (name)'s head. she whimpered and ran, her tiny feet making small pats as they hit the ground. she ran to her room, slamming the door shut and then taking her bed covers to hide in the closet.

the closet had become a sanctuary for (name) when any fights happened. pillows, blankets, stuffed animals were all sitting in the closet, creating a fort of comfort.

but when the fighting moved too close to her room, (name) ran again. she hopped out the window - her room was on the first floor - and ran to her friend's house.

hansung's grandfather opened up the door and frowned at her, but let her in. she immediately ran to hansung's room, where he was staring at the ceiling with bored eyes.

"hansung..." (name) whimpered, tears gathering at the corners of her eyes.

hansung sat up quickly, his eyes meeting (name)'s. "(name)!" he cheered and hopped down to hug her. "why are you crying?"

"my parents are fighting again," she whimpered softly. "can i stay here for the night?" hansung had agreed and let you on his bed. "hansung," you whispered. "thank you so much."

"(name)." hansung sat up straight, eyes filled with determination. "when you grow older, i'm going to protect you! i promise!"

-----

"(name)." hansung slipped into the physician's room quietly, calling out for (name). "(name)!"

a sleepy groan sounded from the bed, the figure sitting up and the covers dropping to reveal (name). "hansung? is something wrong?" she asked, yawning.

cute. "(name), remember that promise i made to you when we were kids? the one where i said i would protect you?" hansung began to tear up, making (name) panic and nearly launch out of bed. "(name), i failed you... i can't fight, i'm not strong, i can't protect you (name)."

(name) motioned for him to come closer and enveloped him in a hug. "hansung, i don't care that you're weak or can't protect me. it's okay, don't cry." hansung sniffled and wiped his tears away. "if you want to make it up that bad, then be my friend again hansung."

hansung's eyes widened and he stared at you, waiting for you to say more but you had fallen asleep. "i promise that i will never leave your side. neither of us will have to walk alone ( 😏 ).

ahaha yeah filler + past + hansung bc my brain is actually dead. so i promised two chapters but i'm not going to do it bc i'm sick as hell and i've not been sleeping that great lately so i don't have the energy to think up another chapter. sorry~ please understand.
comment, vote, share idk luv u guys thx for reading my trash.