chapter twenty one

the cell (name) and ah ro were kept in was small and dark. there were already at least ten other people shoved inside; there was barely enough room for (name) and ah ro.
a few hours had passed when a guard finally passed by. (name) had fallen asleep against ah ro's shoulder, nestling comfortably in her side.
she woke up with a jolt as the guard shook the metal bars to grab their attention. "(name), stand up," the guard ordered. (name) sleepily stood, rubbing her eyes to wake herself up. "come on." the guard opened the door and pulled (name) out, immediately shutting it behind her.
(name) was shown to the crown prince in his private chambers. she felt uncomfortable but said nothing as the prince looked her up and down.
"(name), my princess." (name) stiffened as she felt his fingers drag across her skin. "(name), why did you leave me?" he murmured softly.
"i don't know what you're talking about," (name) replied.
"oh, but (name), you do." the prince grabbed her wrists and pulled her down onto the bed, pinning her down under him. "now, tell me why you left me all alone." the prince's hand caressed (name)'s cheeks.
(name) pulled her face away. "i told you i don't know," she said again.
the prince got off her and sat in a chair next to the bed, (name) sitting up on the bed. "let me tell you a story that may jog your memory.
there once was a beautiful girl in a large kingdom. her family was an ally of the royal family, and they were sworn for life.
the royal family had two sons, the older one to become king when he grew up and the younger one was nothing more than a back up. " the prince glanced at (name) to see f she remembered anything, but her face was blank. "the older prince had no interest in the girl but the younger prince did. he wanted to marry her when he grew up, so he asked his parents and they agreed.
the prince requested that it be kept a secret until the girl's fourteenth birthday, and so it was. on her birthday, she went missing. does that remind you of anything, (name)?"
(name) stood angrily. "i have nothing to go with you anymore, prince. goodbye." she stormed out, slamming the door behind her.
the prince chuckled from his seat. "that girl never changes. looks like i'll have to try something different."

guys so some of you may have noticed that i published another story. it's a bts story (no romance) and i'd be happy if you could at least check it out. warning: suicidal themes.
also, if anyone is also reading my kim taehyung story and the lee jihoon story, i'll be updating on those slower to focus more on this story.
okay this is getting long but i have one more thing to say: please don't ask me to update. i've only seen a few comments but they make me feel like i'm obligated to update this story.  i love to have people reading this but please understand that i'm in high school and i have a lot of pressure from my parents to get all As, which may mean that i sometimes can't update. thank you and good bye