chapter twenty four

(name) sat in the corner of the jail cell, curling herself far away from ah ro and the other prisoners. she saw ah ro giving her glanced of pity, her disheveled clothing giving away hints of what had happened.

sun woo left after tossing the prince's dice down on the table, slamming the door shut behind him. the prince leaned forward slightly, checking the dice and letting out a laugh of disbelief.

then, as if remembering that (name) was in the room, he turned to face where she was sitting on the couch across from him. "oh (name)," he chuckled when she shuddered as her name slipped past his lips. "you've heard too much for you to stay silent."

he abruptly stood and grabbed onto her with a tight grip, dragging her over and pinning her down on his bed roughly. "i'm going to have to do something about it."

his lips met hers, forcing her into a kiss, then trailing down her neck and undoing her dress. she whimpered in dread as his had slid up her thigh and —

"(name)?" ah ro gently called. (name)'s eyes snapped up and stared at the girl with fear in your eyes, terrified that it might be him again. "(name), it's not him, i promise. it's just ah ro." she visibly relaxed and ah ro let out a sigh of relief. "it's going to be okay." she slid over to where (name) sat, pulling her into a tight side hug and whispering soft comforts into her ear. "i promise."

-----

the next day was the fight. (name) clung to ah ro's side, eyes panicked and wide. ji dwi noticed (name)'s odd behavior, frowning as he pulled his attention away to watch the fight.

"i, the crown prince of baek je, hereby challenge the king of silla to a duel!" the prince yelled. "this fight will determine the relationship between the two countries. no matter what happens, i will honor the outcome of this fight."

(name) turned away when the prince caught her eye and smirked, a disgusting look in his eyes. his smirk only grew, but he turned to sun woo and began to attack.

i'm sorry i promised i would publish this yesterday i'm such a horrible author TT!!
but my dad took my data away again bc i didn't do my homework and this time it was his fault bc i needed the internet and i didn't have internet when i told him i needed it 😡😡.
anyway, i hope you like the chapter!!
don't be a silent reader:  vote, comment (i love to read the comments)!!!!