Chapter Seven

edited

(Name) was greeted by her maid when she arrived home. She grabbed a scroll addressed for her on the small chair by the door.

(Name) passed her mother on the way to her room. "Hello, mother," she greeted.

"(Name). Did you get the scroll?" Her mother asked.

"Yes." (name) held up the scroll for her to see.

"I expect you to accept the offer," (name)'s mother reached out and tucked a stray strand of hair behind (name)'s ear.

(Name) batted the hand away. "Please do not touch me. And I can not promise I will accept."

(Name) strode away from her mother, slipping into her room and shutting the door behind her. She slumped down against the door and let out a sigh of relief.

Knocking at the window startled her, making her jump. (Name) got up and curiously peeked out, only to find Ji Dwi.
"Why are you here?" She hissed. "Did you follow me?"

Ji Dwi shook his head. "I'm the king," he scoffed. "I had someone else follow you."

(Name) glanced behind her at the door, not noticing Ji Dwi beginning to climb into the room.

Her eyes widened when she saw him sitting at her desk, casually shuffling through papers. (Name) swatted Ji Dwi's hand away from a stack of scrolls he was reaching for.

"Don't touch those," she said, dragging Ji Dwi back to the window. "You have to leave. My mother can't find you here."

Ji Dwi gently pulled his arm out of her grasp. "I'm not leaving until I get the answers I want," he said.

(Name) sighed. "I'll tell you everything you want tommorow. I promise. Please leave before you get caught by my mother or by the guards of the Hwarang house."

"How'd you know I snuck out?" He asked.
"For one, its the middle of the night and you probably only get a day off once a week."

"Ten days," he corrected.

"Close enough," she said and Ji Dwi left.

(Name) huffed and turned to the abandoned scroll on her desk; she gingerly pulled it open and read it.

"How dare she-" (name) ripped the letter apart, tossing the scraps on the ground and storming out of the room.

Xtra xtra thx to fathercoups for commenting and voting 4 my story. Luv his/her (plz tell meh) story and one shots.