chapter twenty nine

(name) jolted out of bed at the sight of her crying brother. she yanked him out of their mother's tight hold, hugging him close against her body.

"ah ro, get someone." she ordered, not taking her eyes off the woman in front of her. "hurry!"

ah ro ran off, leaving the door wide open behind her. (name)s mother stormed over, slamming it shut and locking it behind her. (name) winced and pushed ji young behind her.

"(name). i heard that you had gotten hurt." she snarled. "that is not acceptable. you know that the (last name) family is a prestigious one and we never get hurt. you are a disgrace." she came forward and slapped you across the face, your head turning with the force."

"then what do you want with a disgrace?" (name) retorted easily. "if in a disgrace then don't talk to me."

(name)s mother rolled her eyes. "what makes you think i'm ever going to talk to you again? take your good for nothing brother and never come back. i'm selling the house and moving to different kingdom. silla does not deserve me."

(name) watched as her mother stormed out, nearly crashing into soo ho and ji dwi who were running towards the small building. ah ro was a little ways behind them, her chest heaving as she took deep breaths.

"(name)! are you okay?" soo ho immediately went to her and began to check her over. his hands cupped her cheeks and his thumbs brushed away a tear that had slid down her cheek. "why is your cheek red? what's wrong?"

(name) shook her head and wiped her eyes dry. "it's nothing. my brother will be staying here from now on." she lifted ji tong. and placed him on the bed. "i apologize for the commotion. if you don't mind, i would like to be alone for now."

ah ro and soo ho nodded sympathetically and walked away, but ji dwi lingered in the room as (name) rubbed gently at her cheek and made sure ji young was comfortable enough on the bed to get some sleep.

as soon as it seemed that ji young had fallen asleep, ji dwi took (name) by the hand and dragged her outside. "you're not okay, and i want to know why. that bitch slapped you, didn't she?"

you brushed his hand off. "it doesn't matter. it's none of your business so you can stay out of it."

ji dwi shook his head sadly. "i care (name), i can't just leave you to deal with this alone." he pulled her into a tight hug, his forehead resting against hers. "please," he whispered, his eyes searching hers.

(name) pushed him away again, not having the willpower to look him in the eye again. "i'm sorry," she mumbled.

ji dwi nodded slowly. "okay." he leaned in and let his lips brush against her hurt cheek. "get some rest." (name) let out a breathy sigh as he disappeared from her sight. she hadn't even realized she was holding her breath.

i wrote this entire thing on the bus wow i'm such a bad author i stg. anyyyywayy still on for the question thing at the end?
shameless promotion: go read my other shit story it's called wings its good it's under editing tho and i'm working on it.