Chapter Five

edited

(Name) lay on her bed, unable to sleep with thought after thought running through her mind. Her gaze fixed on a tea stain on the ceiling as she thought back to what happened after Ah Ro ran off.

Ji Dwi and Sun Woo barely made it to the Hwarang Ceremony before it ended. (Name) and Ah Ro found spots near the entrance to watch the two boys who had been with them not moments earlier.

Ah Ro was grinning to herself as she watched her brother go to stand behind his name on the podium, but (name) had noticed something.

Ji Dwi was making eye contact with the queen. Not only that but the queen looked shocked. Scared, even. Never before had (name) seen the queen like that, and there was only a few reasons why she would react that way.

One, they knew each other from a long time ago and happened to meet again. Highly unlikely seeing as the Queen would have been busy with work and Ji Dwi would have been a child.

Two, he is the missing king.

-----

Ji Dwi stirred, his mind full of thoughts of two people. Ah Ro and (name). Ah Ro intrigued him but she clearly liked Sun Woo over him and that made him jealous.

(Name) also intrigued him but in a different way. She was smart and cunning, but caring and hid away how she was feeling. But she knew something.

He bolted up out of bed. "Does she...?" He shook his head. "Impossible,"
But he was not satisfied. The question bugged him to no end  that night and he could not get a wink of sleep.

"What is she doing to me...?"

-----

(Name) stood in front of the inn room that Ji Dwi stayed in. It wasn't hard to find it out - all she had to do was ask.

Hesitantly, her hand rose up to knock on the door, a loud and clear sound resounding through his room.

When Ji Dwi opened the door, he looked like a complete mess. His hair was disheveled and he had bags under his eyes.

"Are you okay?" (Name) asked. He just nodded. "I... have a question. Are you the missing King?"

Plot twist . . . That we all knew was coming ㅜㅜ