Percy

Let me say the only place I had ever gone with more monsters than this place was tartarus.  In this beautiful feauteristic there were monsters lurking around every corner.  They disguised themselves well but I saw through their mist.  I wondered why they weren't attacking.

I turned to the young girl beside me in the car.

"So the Hunger Games!" I said.

"Yeah." She answered. Then she abruptly continued, "I mean thos people take us children and put us in the arena.  The last man alive wins.  Of course living through it may even be worse.  The victor's flash backs.  The memories of killing another human being."

Wow...I was going into this thinking i was going to get food.  Boy was I wrong.  Now I knew why the monsters were just standing watching.  They weren't going to kill me themselves.  They were going to watch as other kids murdered me....Great.

When we got to the 13 story tall building we were quickly ushered to some people who they called stylists.  After the stylists basically model-ified me i went to a man who presented himself as Henrel.  He dressed me up in a farmer costume which made me look like a total looser.

Me and the girl, Rue, were then told to go to a chariot and go to the people.  As the chariot exited the room I saw "the people".  Whole stadiums worths of people were chearing and pointing.  I looked behingd me and saw why.  The two kids behind me were on fire.  Literally!  They didn't seem to mind though so I just went with it.

What I hated were the crowds of people.  They were looking at our deaths as...A form of entertainment.