Tobias

I was sitting at the desk fiddling with the time machine. Tris was sitting on my bed and staring at her feet. She looked cute sitting there in her pajamas with her hair down. I was so frustrated though, I couldn't really think about her that much.

I stared at the nickel sized machine on the counter top. I was still missing a dozen parts, but without access to the weapons in the training room, which I wasn't likely to get, it wouldn't be finished by tomorrow. I scowled as I looked at the parts and pieces.

Suddenly the door opened and there stood our mentor. "Tobias, Tris, the tributes from district 11 would like to see you."

"What for?" I asked even though I already knew.

"Something about the games and whatnot!" he chided.

I groaned as I got up from my chair quickly stuffing the tiny device in my pocket. Tris came trotting along beside me as I walked into the hall. She wasn't wearing shoes but she didn't seem to notice.

We walked side by side and I laced my fingers through her's. She looked up at me with her beautiful eyes and we stepped into the elevator. We didn't talk at all on the way up and when we heard the ding for the 11th floor we stepped into the district 11 quarters.

Percy and Rue were already waiting on the couch and I didn't see their mentors anywhere.

"Why is she here?" I hissed at Percy while motioning towards Rue.

"Because she will be coming with us." he said flatly. I could see there was no room for argument so I kept my mouth shut.

"The time machine isn't finished," I began. "Some of the necessary parts I need are not going to be available to me until the games."

I could see the look of distaste on the dudes face. He was homesick and I could tell by the way he rested his head in his hands.

"Don't worry," I said and he looked up at me. "I'll finish it." with that I turned and walked towards the elevator with Tris close behind.