Part 1

"Mum, do I really have to go? I mean, what's so wrong with homeschooling?" I was busy packing for the excruciating drive over to my new school in the morning. It was a boarding school, so I would not be returning home and instead, be living in a dorm with a complete stranger.

"We've been over this a million times, Hayden. It's the reason we came to America," Mum protested.

"No, the reason we came here is because of Dad and you. Not me."

Mum shook her head in dismay. "That's not true." 

I rolled my eyes, replying quickly, "Keep telling yourself that."

And with that, I walked straight out of my room right past my frustrated mother. My service dog, Sean, followed close. He's a German Shepard mix with an unknown breed. He's always been by my side, literally.

As we walked down the hallway I could hear the undeniable sound of little girls' laughter.

"What's so funny?" I whipped my head around the corner.

The youngest, Patty, who was only 3 years old, pointed and replied, "Ginnifer!"

Ginnifer was a retired service cat. She's not very old, only 6 years, and is very gentle with the 3 young girls. They LOVE playing with her. Ginnifer, however, did not look so pleased.

"Oh, girls! What are you doing to her?"

Ginnifer was just standing on the bed, covered in blue and gold glitter, pink clothes, and a pound of makeup smeared all over her. 

"Makeover!" The middle girl replied. She was 5 and her name was Eve. (Evelyne really but she did not like that). 

I quickly walked over to the poor cat and rescued her from the 3 girls' torture. 

"Awwww," The 2 youngest girls said in unison while sporting such sad faces. 

Asa, the oldest of the girls (7 years old) said, "That's ok... we have a new customer!"

"Oh no no no, you are not messing with Sean," I quickly said. "He has to stay by my side. You know that."

"Not Sean, you silly-willie. You!" 

Suddenly, I saw my life flash before my eyes as 3 monster girls came bounding towards me. I stood there, motionless, ready for my life to be over. 

Goodbye world! Goodbye life! Goodbye hopes and dreams...

"Girls! Get ready for dinner! 10 minutes!" Mum exclaimed from the kitchen.

"Awwwww," the girls said in unison, once again severely disappointed.

"Girls!" Mum sternly said once more.

Yelling, Asa replied, "Coming, Mother!" All 3 girls giggled as they exited the room.

Just before Asa exited the room she whispered all sneakily, "This isn't over Hayden!"

They went to the washroom, giggling, to get all cleaned up. After that, the trio rushed down the stairs to the dining room.

"Saved by the bell, Sean. That could have been disastrous." I said while patting my only friend on the head.

Sean gave a little dog-smile with a crooked head before going down for dinner.

Meow Meow Meow

"Ok Ginnifer, here's your food." Asa placed the green bowl full of wet cat food down on the mat for Ginnifer.

"You fed the cat, Asa?"

"Yeah," she replied before taking her seat at the table next to my place.