Part 10

People keep asking me for pictures so this is what I imagine Hayden looks like.

I had to stay in the hospital for the next week and a half. We had agreed to have me be dispatched the week of Thanksgiving that way I wasn't stressed with school. David, however, did have to go to school, but he came every day after school. Ashley came a little less often. Zach, Grant, and David apparently got in a huge fight and so I haven't seen Zach or Grant. My mum never came to see me and I was ok with that.

When I was packing up stuff to leave the next day the Doctor came in.

"I just got the results from the lab tests and I think you should go home instead of going back to the school."

"Why?"

"You see, you are severely depressed and other things."

"If I go back home, I'll come back even more depressed."

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm telling you to go home tomorrow. Don't go back to school. Ok?"

"Fine."

I finished gathering my stuff together and laid back down. A moment later, David came storming in.

"Woah, what's wrong?"

"Stupid Mr. Jones! Zachary and I got in a fight on campus and now he's saying that I can't stay there during break! WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO GO?"

"Home?"

"My parents are on a cruise."

"Well, I saw a lovely box on Main..."

"This isn't funny, Hayden. Sorry I'm just really stressed."

"Look, if you really don't have anywhere to go then you can come stay at my house."

"I thought you were staying at school?"

"Doctors orders."

"Really? That sucks."

"But seriously you can come hang with me, my over bearing parents, and my 3 younger sisters." We laughed.

"I would really appreciate that. Thanks."

The next day was Friday. David was at school packing and I was leaving the hospital. I got in my car and looked at the time. 9:45 am. I started to drive to the school. When I got there people were saying hi and glad you're back on your feet and stuff like that.

I went to David's room and found him closing his case. 

"Ready?"

"Yeah. Thanks again for this."

"Anytime."

We get in my car and I started driving. Because it was Friday and the morning, there was barely any traffic. We left around 11 and got to my house around 12:30.

"Holy shit dude. THIS is your house?"

"Yeah. Dad insisted on this one."

"You never told me you were rich."

"I'm not. My dad is." We got out of the car and my sisters ran up to me, closely followed by Sean. The hospital told my parents to keep him there for now.

"HAYDEN!!!"

"Girls! How are you?"

"Good," Asa replied first, "how are you buddie?"

"Just peachy."

"Who's that?"

"That's my friend, David. He's going to be staying with us this week."

"Ok."

"I'm going to get my stuff all put away and you girls go play."

"OK!" then they ran up to their bedrooms.

"Wow. You're a great brother."

"Ha. No I'm not."

We grabbed our cases and brought them upstairs. Sean was so excited to see me.

"So here's my room and this is a spare room. The bathroom is right down the hall next to the girls' bedrooms. My parent's room is across from Patty's. Kitchen, living room, and everything else is downstairs. We have a cat, Ginnifer. She was Elise's service cat, but now she's retired. Want some lunch?"

"Lunch sounds great."

"Ok, follow me."

We went downstairs to the kitchen. I pulled out stuff to make sandwiches. I start making them and talk to David when I heard Mum come home.

"Girls I'm home! Who's car is that in the driveway?"

"That's Hayden's."

"Hayden's?" She walked into the kitchen while we were laughing.

"Hayden! You're home! What's so funny?"

"Oh yeah uh nothing. This is David. He needed a place to stay for the break."

"Ok. How you feeling?"

"Fine."

"Ok. I'll be in the garden." She left and David and I continued our conversation.

The day went by quickly. David and I spent most of the day in my room talking about nonsense. 

Then my dad came home...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry. This part is really short. I'll add a picture of David in the next part.