Part 16

Fuck. My head is pounding! What's that beeping noise? What else you idiot?! Ugh I love head conversations.

I tried to open my eyes. That was impossible so I focused on sounds. There was a low murmur of voices to my left then a really loud ring come from my right.

"I'll get it." Who said that?

"Hello? pause Asa...Asa slow down. Pause No he's not awake. Pause He did what to you? DAVID! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?! Asa I'll call you back. DAVID!"

What the hell is going on? Sometimes I don't even want to open my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David's POV:

"David, what the actual fuck?"

"He's abusing her!"

"Who's abusing what? David, stop running. You know there's a thing called elevators."

No time. They're going to die because of me.

"I.... I can't explain."

"David!" Gant stopped but I continued. I had to get to them. I got to the first floor and ran to the parking garage. 

They're going to die

I ran to the car.

They're going to die

I pulled out the keys

They're going to die

I unlocked the door

They're going to die

I got in the car and drove.

They're going to die

I ran 4 stop signs and went over the speed limit the whole way there. 

They're going to die

I pulled up the driveway and got out of the car.

They're probably dead

I opened the house door and raced to the girls' rooms

Holy shit they're dead

"David?"

"David?"

"David?"

"Girls!" They ran over to me and hugged me.

Holy shit they're not dead.

"Did your dad do this?" They all nodded in agreement

"And mum..." said Penny.

"Your mom did this too?" They nodded. "Ok, well...you're going to come with me, ok?" They nodded. I saw their faces covered in worry. "Ok. Do you need anything?" They shook their heads. I could tell they just wanted to leave. "Ok, then let's go."

I led them down the stairs to the car. 

"But Penny doesn't have her carseat!"

"Penny, can you be a big girl for this car ride and not have a car seat?"

"I can try."

"That's all I can ask for." She smiled and they all got in the car. I started to drive off (this time a lot safer) towards the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hayden's POV:

"He's gone. Don't know where but he left."