Part 14

"Yes, thank you." Then I hung up. David watched me throughout the whole call. When I was done I set my phone on the table beside my bed and just stared at the sink directly in front of me. I knew I did the right thing, but why did I feel so bad about it? David saw that my feelings were torn and he came over and hugged me. I hugged him back and felt myself start to cry. 

"You did the right thing." Oh my gosh! Why was he so perfect. His voice like an angel. I let myself slip. I cried and we just continued to hug each other. I started feeling dizzy so I let go first and laid my head back. He climbed in the bed and continued holding me.

And I swear, time stopped. Everything was perfect.

Until he jumped away. He stood up and tried to act as if nothing happened. I opened my eyes and saw why. Ashley, Grant, and Zachary were standing in the doorway and it was clear they saw something.

Ashley spoke first, "Hi. um, we came to see you. Heard you had an accident or something."

"How did you know?" I was genuinely curious, since it has only been like 8 hours since it happened.

"I told them. Figured you were needing some company other than me." I smiled at him.

"Are you guys still fighting?"

"Yes and No. I think we can agree that it was stupid and we can get over it agreed?" David and Zach both agreed, but I could tell they weren't  over it yet. They were just pretending for me, and I wasn't going to argue. 

Ashley walked over and hugged me. She had brought flowers so she then placed them in an empty vase next to my bed. Everyone brought up a chair around my bed and we just kind of sat there in silence for like 5 minutes. However, the silence broke with who else but David.

"Guys, I'm really sorry but my telepathy isn't working today, so I think we should actually talk." We all broke into laughter then started chatting about random things. School, food, cheerleaders. 

"Is anyone else hungry?" David asked.

"We literally just ate, David!"

"That was like an hour ago!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Actually I am hungry." Grant confessed.

"Yeah, I could eat. Is the food here any good, David?"

"Honestly, Ash, I've been too afraid. I've heard horror stories about hospital food. But, it's just on the floor below us. I'll go get us some food."

"I'll come with." Gant said.

"Me too." 

"Ok. Me, Grant, and Zach will go get some food. Ash, you can stay here." They walked off. Ashley and I continued talking about nothing when somebody walked in. He was wearing a jacket and I didn't see his face when he walked in. He just walked in then abruptly turned and closed the door. He took a few steps to his right and closed the blinds. 

"Umm, sir. I would like to ask if you would please open the door again..." She was so nice, but he wasn't.

He turned and shoved her to the ground. It took a moment for me to realize who it was. He walked to my bed and started choking me. Ashley got to her feet and tried to get him off but she couldn't. He turned and without any trouble, picked her up and threw her against the cabinet. I was trying to scream for help but couldn't find my voice. I looked over and saw Ash was bleeding. She was knocked out and I had no way of defending myself. He grabbed the vase and threw the flowers to the ground. Without hesitation he broke the vase over my head which made me semi-unconscious.

My vision was blurry and sounds were slurring. I thought I was going to have a fit, but I didn't. I felt a breathing mask get put on my face and I thought for a moment that I was being saved. My head spun and my heart started to race. I felt my lungs start to burn and I thought I was going to die. The man slipped a piece of paper in my hand and walked away. The blinds were still down and the door was shut. Nobody was going to save me. I felt paralyzed. It was impossible to move anything. I felt my life slip away and I was ready to give up when I suddenly heard a familiar sound.

Then a touch of a hand.

And the mask was lifted.

I opened my eyes to see David over me.

And I swear time stopped.

I looked into his beautiful eyes

and I don't know why

or how I got the strength to

but I kissed him.