Part 13

Ah! What the heck? What is that?
I had a shooting pain in my head. It was hurting so bad. I looked around and saw that I was in a different room. This isn't my bedroom. Then it all came back. The memories, rushing throughout my brain. Dad. Sean. David. Everything. I felt anxious. I was looking around. I sat up. I was panicking. I felt my heart racing.

"Hayden?" David sat up and looked at me.

"David?" I was breathing hard.

"Hayden, what's wrong?"

"I...I...I"

"Hayden, Hayden it's ok." He put his hands on my shoulders and turned so we were facing each other. His eyes were sparkling. Seeing him calmed me down. "You ok?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." Ginnifer jumped up and sat in my lap. "Ginnifer?"

"Yeah. She was worried about you so I grabbed her when I got the keys."

"Thanks." I could feel tears welling up so I looked away.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. And I mean it this time. Nothing is wrong."

"What do you mean?"

"For once in my life I'm not worrying about my mum or my dad or my sisters or epilepsy or even Sean. Because of you, I am calm and I don't think anything could ruin this moment." I saw David have tears also.

"Really, Hayden you don't know what that means to me..."

I don't know why

Or how

But I cut him off by kissing him.

And the best part was he kissed back.

It was the best night of my life.

"AH!" My head had shooting pain again. This time it was worse.

"Hayden? Hayden, what's wrong?"

"David, David I...I"

"Hayden?"

Everything went black. My head spun. I lost control of my body. I heard a faint voice calling my name.

I opened my eyes. There was a loud beeping noise in my ear.

"Hayden?" David. That was David's voice. "Are you awake?"

"David?" I was surprised that I could talk fairly well.

"I'm right here, Hayden. Don't worry."

"David. What happened?"

"Wow, cheesy much?"

"I'm serious."

"Ok well the doctor said that you have a mild concussion."

"Did you tell him why?" I was almost fully awake now.

"No, I lied."

"Thanks."

"You can't keep this a secret you know."

"Yeah. I just want to talk to my mum before that happens."

"Why do you want to talk to her? No offense but she's a bitch."

"What? Hour could you say that?"

"Because it's true," he was getting angry, "Hayden, I don't want to be mean but when you were asleep for weeks she never came. When your dad hit you at the table she didn't yell at him or defend you."

"And that automatically makes her a bitch?" I got defensive. "You don't even know her! You met ten hours ago. She's my mother. She's the one who stayed by my side when I had my first seizure and she'll be there when I have my last. She's the one who cared for me when bullies knocked my tooth out at primary school. She's the person who convinced my dad to get Sean. You don't know her. You don't understand that she moved to a new country, leaving her friends, family, and job behind because, believe it or not, she cares for me and just because she's a little out of it right now doesn't mean she's a bitch."