☆9☆

Jimin walked up to the practice room door and heard music already blaring.  Slowly opening the door, he stepped in, tossing his jacket and bag over to a nearby chair.  He put his hands into his pockets and stood there, watching Jungkook dance.

He's grown up a lot since we started all this.

The young man moved around the room with ease, shoes squeaking, feet stomping, hair flopping, and sweat flying.  Jimin admired his bandmate's fluid and precise movements, all while keeping perfect time. 

The music faded and Jungkook froze in the ending position.  He relaxed and drew his body up to full height, turning slowly to eye Jimin, who was leaned against the wall awaiting his fate.

"You're late," mumbled Jungkook. 

Jimin raised his eyebrows and nodded slightly.  "Yes, I am, but you wanted to spend time with me so here I am."  He walked over to join his companion near the large wall of mirrors.  "What will we be dancing to?"  He watched in horror as Jungkook's face morphed from slightly offended maknae to one of a nightmarish dance dictator. 

"Oh, don't worry about the song, hyung, we're going to dance our legs off," smirked Jungkook, sauntering over to the computer.  He stared at the screen and scrolled through the music selections.

Jimin watched him with a smirk on his face.  He knew what was in store for him and he decided to embrace and welcome it.  If Jungkook wanted to have a dance marathon, then Jimin was more than up to the
challenge.  He ran his hand through his hair and stood relaxed. He saw Jungkook make a selection and his ears anxiously waited to hear music.

A slow, rhythmic, deep bass began and Jungkook took his place next to Jimin and looked over with a smirk and a soft laugh. "Try to keep up, hyung," he said softly before falling into intense focus and as the time to start dancing came, both were soon engrossed in the dance and the music. Arms, legs, everything, all moving in sync. 

Jimin was caught up in the dance but his mind began to wander during the third number and his feet tripped up on each other causing him to fall into Jungkook.  Both of them ended up on the floor in a heap of tangled arms and legs.

"Hyung!" protested Jungkook, floundering to get out from under his equally floundering friend.

Jimin was embarrassed.  He never made mistakes like that.  "Kookie, I'm sorry," he said softly, finally finding his footing and struggling to his feet.  Both men were gasping for air and sweating so much there wasn't a dry spot on their shirts. 

"Hyung, you're thinking about something else, someone else.  I know it."  Jungkook sounded a little frustrated.

Jimin sighed and raked his fingers through his hair, hating the feel of the soggy mess on his head.  "What are you trying to say, Jungkook," he said breathlessly.

"With all due respect, hyung, I'm saying that this is going to happen at our next show if you don't get your head in the game."  Jungkook paced back and forth sucking air into his lungs.  He stopped and looked at Jimin, his face serious.  "You're letting her distract you.  You don't even know her, why is this becoming a distraction for you?  You used to be our practice addict.  You...YOU don't make mistakes," he said, staring pointedly at Jimin. 

"I don't really think I need to be scolded by you," grumbled Jimin, but the truth was he felt guilty.

"I know, and I'm sorry.  I'm just...I'm just worried, hyung.  You're acting strange lately.  Like, you used to pester me all the time, not giving me a moment's peace.  Always picking on me and trying to let me know I was important.  Now, you're always on your phone."