☆53☆

Jun trudged back into the coffee shop to be immediately met by the deeply concerned and also angry eyes of Minnie, an even more confused Ria standing behind her.  He glanced into their faces before turning his head and gaze away.  He was not proud of himself in the least right now.  This was not him.  The Jun he knew himself as would not have allowed what just happened to happen.  He was a good guy, not some villain. 

"Jun-ah, what happened with Nari?  I sent her out there to check on you and she comes barging through the shop sobbing." Minnie inched closer and it made Jun feel more and more like a caged cat.

He fidgeted and tried to formulate an answer.  He had no explanation for his behavior except the truth.  Even that was too painful to put into words right now.  He attempted to swallow the lump in his throat.  His jaw muscles flexed as his mouth tried to put words to his regrettable actions. 

Ria stepped around Minnie and touched his arm lightly.  She looked into his face and tried to meet his eyes but he wouldn't meet hers.  "Junah, I'm sure it's not something that can't be fixed.  Right?  Just tell us.  We'll help you fix it." 

The dam burst and tears flowed from Jun's eyes.  "I'm not sure that either you nor I have the power or means to fix what I just did," he whispered, finally dragging his eyes to meet Ria's.  He didn't see the judgment and loathing he expected to see in her eyes.  He saw genuine concern and care.  Maybe she had changed and perhaps she really did care about him.  Or maybe he could just be searching for someone to help bear his sorrows and burdens and she just happened to be there. 

Ria watched him study her through his tears.  She saw his mind working and she knew what he was thinking without him saying it.  They had been together too long for her to not know how this man's mind worked.  He was one of the sweetest, most genuine people she knew.  To think he did anything horrible to another human being was beyond her ability to comprehend.  Jun couldn't hurt a fly.  How could he cause a girl to run away crying uncontrollably?  She refused to believe it.  "Jun-ah, just tell me.  Let's at least see what we can do.  I don't know what she means to you," she whispered, swallowing her pride, "but we can help you mend whatever kind of relationship you had with her."  Ria watched for any confirmation of her implied thoughts.  She felt relief wash over her when Jun shook his head and denied anything more than friendship.

"To be honest," he muttered, "I do care about her as more than a friend, but she already belongs to someone else.  She rejected me a while ago, I've just been too stubborn to let my feelings go.  But my greed and jealousy have caused me to do something irreparable, Ria."  His shoulders shook and the next thing he knew, he was wrapped in a pair of soft arms, holding him tightly. 

"We will get through this together.  I'll help you.  I'll talk to her if you want.  I'll do whatever I can to see you happy again, Jun-ah," whispered Ria against his shoulder.

Minnie watched through worried eyes. She hated to break up this touching moment, but her other employee was running through the streets of Seoul, or on a bus somewhere sobbing her eyes out.  She needed to know what happened so she knew what to do next.  "Jun, Ria, I'm really sorry to break this up, but I need to know what happened.  Please, Jun, tell me so I can help Nari.  She was very upset."

Jun removed his arms from Ria and wiped his eyes.  "Let's go into your office.  I'll tell you everything." 

* * *

Nari was having a hard time seeing the screen of her phone through her tears.  She typed a message to Jimin and waited for his response, agonizing with every second that ticked by.  She felt antsy and needed to know which way to go first.