☆60☆

Nari stared at Ria's message.

"Hi, this is Ria.  Can we meet?"

Nari hadn't been back to work yet since she had arrived back in Korea.  Tonight was to be her first night back on the bench playing Charlie's keyboard and she was excited about it.  That is, until she received that text.  After the mess with Jun and the teenage girls with the cameras, she had taken time away.  Minnie had graciously given her some space, knowing things had to be worked out for everyone involved. 

Why had Ria contacted her though?  Nari didn't feel she and Jun's ex-girlfriend really had anything to chat about at all.  She sighed softly and decided to play nice anyway.

Nari: "I work tonight at the cafe.  We can meet during my break."

Ria: "Sounds good.  See you then!" 

Nari felt confused and frankly speaking, a bit conflicted.  She had been made aware of the situation between Jun and Ria and she wasn't one to choose sides, but she felt kind of bad for Jun, even if he did betray her to Jimin's fans.

As she walked into the cafe that evening, she felt apprehensive and nervous. Jun's jacket hung on the silver wall hook and Nari took a deep breath as she hung up her bag.

Minnie stuck her head out of her office and smiled warmly. "Nari? Step in here for a second please."

Nari returned the friendly smile of her boss with a smile that was small and tight. This wasn't the way she wanted to start her shift tonight - being called into the boss' office. She tried to remain calm as she stepped through the doorway.

Her eyes came to rest on Jun who was sitting in front of Minnie's small desk. Nari immediately tensed up. She thought she'd been able to forgive him in her heart but obviously she hadn't quite fully done that. "Minnie, I-"

"Nari, I need to talk to you," said Jun quietly. His guilt had been eating away at him like a rapidly moving disease. He had lost weight, his skin was dull, and he simply looked very tired.

Nari looked at the man who had risen from his chair and now standing with his head bowed, hands clasped behind his back. She bit her bottom lip and glanced at Minnie who merely smiled and shrugged. The older woman nodded her head slightly towards Jun and then stepped out from behind her desk. She walked over to Nari and patted her shoulder before leaving the office, shutting the door behind her.

Nari's eyes followed her out the door and then she looked back at Jun. She breathed deeply before speaking. Her words came out soft and betrayed her wounded heart. "What did you need to say?" 

The room was silent and the tension was heavy.  Nari felt like she was suffocating as she waited for Jun to speak.  She wanted nothing more than to bolt out of the small office that was feeling even smaller by the minute. 

"I'm so sorry, Nari."  He raised his head and Nari saw tears pooling in his eyes.  "I let my selfishness and wounded pride get in the way of our friendship.  I ruined that.  I should have respected your wishes and not forced my feelings on you like I did.  I also should not have let those silly girls get away.  I could have stopped them, but I was just jealous of Jimin.  He has everything and I was jealous.  I acted badly and stupidly and I've regretted it every day since.  Please forgive me?" 

His glossy brown eyes searched her own and Nari looked away, feeling conflicted.  She wanted to shove him out of her life and forget everything.  That night was one of the ugliest in her life outside of the day her sister died.  She was struggling with not being angry with Jun. However, she was determined to not become bitter.  She met his gaze once again and slowly nodded.  "You almost ruined everything that night, Jun.  Jimin got very upset and almost didn't trust me anymore.  He was ready to end our relationship.  I think if that had happened I would not have been able to forgive you for a very long time.  But, Jimin made the decision to believe me and trust in our relationship.  So, in honor of his kindness to me, I'll pass on that favor.  I really don't deserve someone as great as him," she said softly.  "Jun, I hope some day you find someone like that.  Just please, don't focus on me anymore."